8. Frankie goes to Hogwarts (not Hollywood)

When the holiday is over, I go back to Hogwarts for the rest of the year.

Nothing much really happens. Nothing ever really happens.

In the summer break, Frankie gets hyped about coming to Hogwarts.

I can't blame him though, Hogwarts is amazing!

But the most amazing thing is how time flies.

I can't believe I'm already 12 and finished my second year at Hogwarts! It's mad! Time flies so fast when you're young.

As September gets closer, I decide to change my look a little bit.

"Hey, uh, Mum, could I get a haircut?"

"How long were you thinking you could get it cut?"

"Mm, maybe just below the shoulders," I put my finger where I like the length.

"Yeah, that would suit you! We'll book you in for a haircut and get it done really nice."

I smile. This was going to be perfect.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

The first of September comes around and I get excited and nervous to see what Eddie and Birdy think of my hair.

I reckon they'll like it. I'm gonna grow it out later though, it's a bit annoying short.

I love it though. It's much less of a hassle to wash and brush.

When I've made sure I've packed everything for the year, I take my bag downstairs and go into Frankie's room.

"So, Franko, are you excited for this year?"

"Actually," he lowers his voice to a whisper. "I'm a little nervous."

"Hey, you'll be fine. I'll visit you whatever house you're in. You just have to tell me the passwords for the other houses, that's all."

He giggles. "Okay. Promise?"

"Promise." We link our pinkie fingers.

Our parents don't know but we actually have a really good relationship. Whenever they're not looking we're secretly getting along. At first it was fighting but now it's better.

Since... I dunno, but it's been a while - we've had a thing where we link our pinkies when we promise each other something. We've never broken each other's promises.

He's not as bad as I make him out to be.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

When we get to the train station, Dad runs through the wall with Frankie. I go through with Mum.

He gives both of them long hugs and goes onto the train. I give them both a quick hug and go onto the train. I smile out the window and wave as it slowly crawls out of the station.

I eventually find Birdy in a compartment and I see that Frankie has followed me.

He looks at me with puppy eyes.

"Yes, you can sit here, but by Christmas you have to have at least one friend to sit with!"

"Okay," he says, and sits down.

"So, is this the little monkey?" Asks Birdy.

"Yeah, this is Frank. We don't really look alike," I say.

"I see a little bit of resemblance between you."

"Where?"

"The nose, and the slightly rounded face."

We look at each other. "Yeah, I guess so."

"So," Birdy asks Frankie. "Are you nervous?"

"Kind of. I think I'll most likely be in Gryffindor, but there's a chance I'll be in Hufflepuff."

"Hey, Hufflepuff's are great! They're loyal, they're not meant to be evil, or smart, they're the special ones that can be themselves."

"Thanks. That makes me a little more confident."

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

At the Sorting, I get nervous for him.

"HUFFLE- wait..."

I breathe out. I never thought I would be this nervous for my brother.

"A bit of bravery here and there, daring, but still a hint of Hufflepuff. But your family was all in Gryffindor, weren't they?"

I see him nod slightly.

"Better be... GRYFFINDOR!"

Applause explodes from every corner of the room.

I clap as hard as I possibly can until my hands hurt. Oh well.

My brother was safe, in the same house as me!

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

After the Feast in the common room, he sits with me.

"I'm proud of you. I'm not surprised it considered Hufflepuff, but because of family you made it here!"

"Yeah, I guess. Oh! I can't wait to letter Mum and Dad about the good news!"

He rushes up to his dorm, while I turn to Birdy.

"Why so your relationship so good with him?"

"Because... well, I actually don't know. It's just... worked, our whole lives."

"Huh. You're lucky. My relationships are terrible with my two siblings. Do you know how hard it is to be a twin?"

"No, I actually don't. Because I'm not one," I say sarcastically. "I'm sure if you just made a pact to be nice when your parents aren't around you could have way better relationships with your siblings."

"Really? Is that what you guys do?"

"Well, yeah."

"That's genius! I'll work on that tomorrow," she says.

I roll my eyes and laugh.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

"Hey, I'm sorry I didn't tell you yesterday, but I really like your haircut."

Birdy chirps at me the next morning.

"Oh, thank you! It had been a while since I'd had it cut, probably around 4 years, so I decided to get it cut!"

"Well, it really suits you."

I smile at her, and continue with my breakfast.

We go and get our timetables, and I smile in the fact we had Transfiguration first, then Care for Magical Creatures straight after.

Walking to class, I smiled, knowing it was my absolute favourite.

There's just something about it that's just... I don't know. The fact that you can turn things into others is something beyond the average Muggle's mind.

And mine, before I came to Hogwarts.

Eddie is in both of the classes, and all except Astronomy. I'm the only one in our Trio that takes Astronomy.

I love the sky though, it's worth learning about.

At lunch Eddie sits with us at the Gryffindor table.

"I absolutely love your haircut. It looks really amazing."

"Thank you." I smile at him.

He smiles back.

__________________________

Boom!

I'm back guys!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you did...

Comment, vote, go crazy GOODBYE!

~Sydney