17. Young Love

Of course, every year, we go on the Hogwarts Express, talk about our holidays and whatnot; and it was the same this year. Seriously. Nothing different

When we got to the castle and had our Great Feast, Birdy went back to our dorm and just talked. About boys. Without Eddie around.

It's quite good to do that once in a while.

I went to sleep that night with a great feeling. This year was going to be great.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

The next morning at breakfast, we received our timetables. I had DADA first.

I really didn't like that subject. But it wasn't completely awful like Divination, because that is a serious load of crap.

Birdy and I went back to our dorms to get the books we needed for the day, then we raced off to the DADA classroom so we wouldn't be late.

Fortunately we weren't, we were actually slightly early, so that was a good start to the week.

When the Professor finally arrived to teach us, we sat down at desks, and I saw Eddie on the desk next to us. He looked at me with a smile.

Good morning, it said. Have a nice day, won't you?

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

After school, we don't have any homework, so I grab a book and sit on my bed. I start reading it, and immediately, the world around me fades.

Birdy comes in and sees that I'm reading, so she just leaves me alone.

I finish the chapter I'm on and look at her.

"Hi."

"I was talking to Eddie before." she says.

"That's nice."

"He likes you, he told me."

"I figured that."

"... I know you like him."

"We're not gonna go out, if that's what you're trying to make happen."

"I... okay, fine."

"Even if we did, it would ruin our friendship. We're perfectly fine. I don't want anything to change."

"Okay, whatever you say, but don't say I didn't tell you so."

I just keep reading my book.

"April! Ugh, do what you want. I'm leaving."

She walks out the door. I make sure she's gone then take out my purple leather book that I got in 1st year. I put on the lined page Eddie Malfoy at the top, and write some things about him.

On the blank page I draw him. I know him so well I don't even need a picture.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

Eddies POV

I go to the Gryffindor common room.

She's there.

I give her a hug.

"Come with me. There's too many people here." I say.

"O-okay."

I walk out of the portrait hole and April follows.

I take her to our little spot.

It's a tree beside the Black Lake.

It's so peaceful.

And it's just ours.

She smiles.

I smile.

We sit down.

"So... I've got a question for you." I say.

"Go for it."

"I was talking to Birdy before, and I admitted that I really like you."

She blushes. "Well... it was a bit obvious."

"Do you like me as well?"

She kind of hesitates, before sighing.

"Of course I like you. I have since I knew what love was. I've always loved you. Not always in the romantic way, because I love you like a brother too. So yes. I do."

We just sit and adore each other.

April's POV

"Do you want to go out?" he asks.

"Yeah, of course! It'll be fun." I say, knowing that it will be.

He leans into me.

What- is he going to kiss me?

He puts his hand under my chin.

And kisses me.

On the mouth.

He holds it there for a few seconds, then slowly pulls away.

But we're not done.

Then we lean into each other and kiss.

This is my first kiss.

This is amazing.

I honestly couldn't ask for anything more romantic. Our spot, at sunset...

Just the two of us.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

We just sit and talk about nothing until we start to feel a bit hungry.

We go to the great hall where some people are sitting waiting for dinner.

We sit at the Gryffindor table next to each other. Even though he is a Slytherin.

Birdy comes about 5 minutes later, and sees us.

We weren't gonna tell her until she figured it out.

She sits down and says hi.

And then smiles.

She's figured it out.

"I didn't see you all afternoon. I was getting worried."

"We were just... talking," says Eddie.

"Don't worry, I know what was happening."

"Don't tell anyone," I say.

"I won't, I won't."

We sort of just sit in silence for a moment.

"How did it start?"

"It just happened." he says.

Birdy smiles.

"That's so adorable," she says.

The food appears on the table, so we just start to eat.

____________________________

Boom!

Okay yeah sorry this chapter was really cheesy and hetero af but y'know, it's what I wrote.

Comment, vote, go crazy GOODBYE

~ Sydney