19. Summertime Sadness

I spent nearly all of that summer in my room. I didn't tell my mum about Eddie, but she slipped a note under my door.

Hey, April. Are you alright? You're almost always outside in summer. Just come out if you want to talk.

I just leave the note on my desk and flop on my bed.

I end up falling asleep, but it's alright because I haven't been getting much lately.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

I get an owl, surprise surprise, from Hogwarts, with a list of equipment I need for school this year.

It's not very much, because it's 6th year.

Just as I'm reading the list, another owl comes to my bedroom window.

This owl is too damn familiar.

I untie the letter from his leg and read.

The first words are:

I'm sorry.

Well, excuse me, but sorry don't cut it.

I carry on reading anyway.

Seriously April, I never meant to hurt you. It's just, with all the stress of telling my parents about us, I didn't think it through enough and it just happened.

I really am sorry. Please. Can we be a couple again?

Edward.

So he's signing himself as Edward now? Nice.

But I don't know if I can still be with him.

I just don't.

I grab a piece of parchment and write him a letter back.

Well, Edward, it's seems you don't understand.

Let me tell you something. When a guy breaks up with a girl by accident, it really messes with their system.

So don't try it again.

~April

I roll it up and tie it to the owl's leg.

I tut and sigh as it flies off.

My life is just... weird at the moment.

______________________

Boom!

What do you reckon Eddie's feeling right now? I think he's desperate to get April back because he loves her so much. Or maybe that was obvious. I think it was.

Also sorry that this chapter was so short! I didn't realise how short it was until I edited it.

Comment, vote, go crazy GOODBYE
~ Sydney