Prologue

"She's perfect." A voice says.

"I agree. Just a few tweaks to the system and we'll be home free," came the reply.

A few things are typed into the computer, and the only thing that is left to do would be to press the "Initiation" button. There is a single second's hesitation, before the finger comes down.

"Experiment 13A starts with the mental challenges, testing the subject's mind and its holding capacity for all kinds of post-traumatic stresses, normal everyday problems, etc. Then, we will begin the process of Experiment 13B, where the subject will have to deal with the physical challenges, testing the strength, character, and the personality of the subject. Are there any questions?" The voice says.

A hand rises, and they are addressed. "What if the subject is aware of these challenges? Would that make them invalid? Would they be erased?" 

"Ah... that seems to be the question, doesn't it?" The voice replies. "Well... if the subject happens to be smarter than we have perceived her to be, then she will, in fact, be disposed of. Any other questions?"

Another hand rises. They are addressed. "Why is this girl so much more special than the other twelve? And what will happen if this subject is to fail?"

The voice replies almost immediately, with a bit of malice laced in it. "Must everyone doubt me? This girl could be the only answer to the question we formed many years ago. This subject will be the last."

Subject #013.