Forever

"Ready Zelda?"

Zelda grinned at Link as he asked her, and she nodded. He grabbed her hand and they jumped in unison off the bridge. They fell fast, and Skyloft shrank quickly above them.

With a whistle Link's Crimson Loftwing flew beneath them and they landed gently on its back. Zelda laughed and hung on tightly to Link's neck, sitting across his lap.

He blushed at her closeness, but winced as she squeezed her arms a little too tightly.

"Sorry..." Zelda blushed as she loosened her grip slightly, but she leaned her head against his shoulder and smiled as she closed her eyes.

Link smiled too as he wrapped his free arm around her, the other still gripped his Loftwing's collar. This would be a nice flight, he was glad they'd planned it.

The loftwing soared through the sky effortlessly. The wind tousled their hair gently as the bird flapped to gain attitude.

Zelda thought back to the day when Link had won for the wing ceremony. The day that her life had changed forever. Link had searched for her everywhere on the surface. Always just a step behind as she fulfilled her duty as Hylia's reincarnation. Thinking of all of this she whispered something to herself.

"What was that?" Link asked curiously.

Zelda looked up at him "I said..." She paused and smiled, a light dusting of pink on her cheeks. "I'm glad you were there for me... I'm glad you're my best friend."

"I'm glad too," Link replied, grinning widely and squeezing her gently with the arm that was around her.

"We'll be friends... Always," Zelda said as she leaned up to kiss him on the cheek.

Link moved his head to the side to look at her  as she said that, and instead of her kiss landing on his cheek it landed on his lips.

She withdrew and her eyes widened. "I-I... uh..." She was red in the face as she tried to find words.

Link blushed. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! I was just---"

Zelda shushed him by leaning forwards and pressing her lips against his again.