The Cat Lady and the Wolf 3

"How is that even... you're saying..."

Link was silent as he watched her fumble for words. It was a natural response, or so he imagined. He'd never actually told someone what he could do before.

He still wasn't entirely sure why he was telling her. Well, he certainly liked her, a lot, and not just because she was beautiful. She was, certainly, but the real reason he was so attracted to this woman was because of her cats. They loved Zelda, and talked about her often to him.

How she danced in the living room, and sang in the shower. How she gave them nicknames, and cuddled with them every single night. How she tripped often, and other secrets that only pets would know about a person, for they are closer than family.

"Magic," he finally replied, that one word simplifying what would be a very long discussion.

"You... Didn't train that wolf... You were that wolf?"

"Yes."

"Convincing..."

"You're not-"

"Weired out? Scared? Angry?" She shook her head, more times than really necessary. "Well, it's not often that you learn a wolf you met twice is actually a man. Or is it that you are a wolf in man's clothing?"

"I'm human," he assured.

"So let me ask you again... Why me?"

"Your cats... They like to talk about you."

Zelda's eyes suddenly widened. "No," she exclaimed in horror. "Those little traitors."

"They really love you."

"Normally that would make me feel all fuzzy inside, but all I feel right now is betrayal," she said as she turned to scope out the window for said traitors.

"It was all good things... Mostly."

"...Mostly?"

"Well..." he smiled lightly and shrugged.

Zelda groaned. "Oh gosh...."

"Don't be so quick to succumb to the horror. I enjoyed them talking about you."

"So you can literally talk to my cats?"

"Indeed."

"By the goddesses, what have they told you?"

"I swear they didn't say anything horrible about you. Quite the contrary. They like your quirks."

"Oh no... They told you my weird things I do...?"

"I look forward to seeing them for myself," he said with a small smirk.

Zelda silently looked up at him and slowly raised an eyebrow.

"... Assuming you'll take me still."

"Take you?"

"Was the date unsuccessful?" he asked.

"Well...no..." she started and then looked at her intertwined fingers. "I... Well it's certainly been interesting, to say the least."

Link smiled. "I'm sorry I talked with your cats about you behind your back."

Zelda pressed her lips together. "That's such a strange thing to apologize for that I don't even know how to respond to that."

>^^<

Link and Zelda's relationship went slowly, quite unlike any relationship she'd had previously. He was a true gentleman; for a dog.

Dinner dates, movie dates. Even picnics; she enjoyed them all...