Theft Of The Heart

Zelda looked into one of the shop windows and then shook her head. Goddess this day was boring.

Since she had graduated from high school three years before she had become increasingly restless with her state of being. She lived alone; apart from the maid who literally spent all of her time cleaning the large mansion that Zelda lived in. (It was amazing how much dust could settle in an unlived room.)

She had left the house to go shopping for something, anything, that could brighten her day and stop her from being so darn bored each and every day.

She'd played all the video games, read all of the books. Heck, she even wrote fanfiction in the multitude of spare time that she had. But she didn't have any friends. She had one friend when she was young, but he had moved away before she had moved up into junior high. Last she heard he had died, or something of the sort. It might have been his parents though...

She didn't pay much attention to other people. She had forgotten how to socialize. She didn't remember how people were supposed to act anymore. Everything she read was either dystopian or medieval.

Apparently people didn't generally act like NPC's do in Skyrim.

So there Zelda was, perusing the mall in hopes of finding something new to occupy herself with. Designer jeans and a name brand shirt, she walked in and out of shops, perusing absent-mindedly.

Maybe she could buy a pet.

She walked into the pet store and starred at a snake for about a minute before walking into the back to look at the puppies. She bent over one of the clear cages and made a face at the little husky inside. It wagged its tail and pressed itself against the glass happily.

She chuckled and shook her head. She barely took care of herself when not leaving her mansion. How could she look after a puppy?

I could hire a professional dog trainer or something. She thought, but she quickly shrugged off the notion and moved on to the cats.

They were cute, but again she felt no immediate attachment. Bird's chirped, cats meowed, and dogs yipped to be chosen, but she turned away and walked out of the store

Maybe one day she would get a pet, but it was not that day.

She walked down the plaza street and shifted her bag on her shoulder.

"Hey," she heard behind her, but no one would talk to her, so she brushed it off and continued on.

"Hey, Blondie!"

Zelda turned around and frowned. In front of her she saw a man in a green shirt and tan pants. He definitely wasn't wearing designer clothes. His left ear was pierced, and his hair was a little untidy atop his head.

Despite his obvious lack of riches, she found herself immediately attracted to him, and she wasn't sure how to react to that. People simply never caught her eye. Especially scruffy looking pierced men like him.

"Me? What do you want?" she asked as she folded her arms.

The young man raised his eyebrow and then smirked. "Do I have to want something?"

"Of course you do. Now, I ask again, what is it you want?" she repeated, now slightly annoyed, despite how nice is was to look at him.

He smiled again, catching the edge to her voice. "I'm conducting an experiment, and was wondering if you could help me."

"Help you do what?"

"It's simple really."

She frowned, but then shrugged. It wasn't like she had anything better to do. "Will it take long?"

"No."

"Fine, I guess. What's this experi-" she started to ask, but she was thoroughly interrupted as he took a few steps forward, grabbed her by the neck and waist, and kissed her full on the mouth.

Zelda's eyes widened as the exhilarating feeling that accompanied a kiss washed over her, then she automatically kissed him back. It was difficult to match the strange confidence of his motions, but as suddenly as his lips had touched hers, they were gone.

She watched in a slight daze as he stepped back and slowly swiped his tongue over the lip gloss that had transferred from her lips to his. "Hmm... That's one for the books," he said and then gave her a smirk. Before she could do anything he was suddenly gone; disappeared down a side street.

She stared at the blank space in front of her where he had just been a second ago. What in Din's name kind of experiment was that? And why was he doing that experiment? He couldn't have been in college could he? He didn't look the part.

She lifted her hand to her lips and then wiped off her smeared lipgloss with her sleeve.

So, her day hadn't been so boring after all. And it would get even more shocking... As her hand drifted down to her empty pocket.

And she realized with a look of horror...

That little snake had stolen her wallet.