Home

I nervously walk into my house. I admit I cried on the way home but they were tears of confusion. I almost kissed my best friend. How can I face him after this?

Do you know how some people walk into their house and get greeted with a 'Hi honey how was it'? Well let's just say-

RM (Riele's mom): Where the hell were you?!

I don't need to finish that sentence anymore do I?

Riele: I'm sorry mom I-

RM: What did you just say?!

Riele: *rolls eyes* Mrs Downs

Unbelievable! I can't even call her mom!

RM: Right! Now go to your room! I can't even stand the sight of you! You little disgrace!

Riele: Fine...

I ran upstairs and into my room slamming the door behind me. I take a deep breath and walk over to my mirror. I take a long look at myself. I have bags under my eyes and tear stains on my cheeks. Ugh! I'm such a mess!

Riele: *whispers* Come on Riele... You're better than this

I apply some powder to hide the tear stains and concealer to hide the bags. I also added an extra bit of blush on my cheeks to make it more believable. Oh! I also added a bit of mascara. I take a look in the mirror and I... I stare. I don't know why but I'm still not satisfied with my appearance. Maybe it's because I know what's underneath all this make up.

I walk over to my bedside table to grab a tic tac when I notice something. A.... BLADE?!

WHAT THE HELL?!?! Why is this here?! Wait... There's a note. I open it and this is what it reads...

Note:
If you ever want to use this nobody will stop you.
-Mrs Downs and Mr Downs

 OMG! I can't believe this!!! I know that my parents don't like me but this is... I can't even describe it!!!

All of a sudden Reiya bursts through the door. My parents always make me feel like I'm not as good as Reiya but she is actually amazing. She always knows what to say to comfort me when I'm down.

Reiya: Were they doing it again?

I simply nod with tears threatening to make their way out. No. No no no. I. Won't. Cry

Reiya rushes to my side and gives me a warm and gentle hug. She's the only one who  knows when I need a hug. With the others I always have to scream and shout if I want a hug from any of them.

Riele: They.... They.... 

Oh screw it! I'm gonna cry!

Riele: They... Gave me a.... Blade

By now I'm pouring out waterfalls. Well there goes my make up....

Reiya: *gasps* Oh Rie... I'm sorry..

I continue to cry on her shoulder as we both sink to the floor.

Riele: Why?! Why don't they like me Reiya?! What am I doing wrong?! What's wrong with me?!?!

Reiya: There's nothing wrong with you Riele.... Our parents are just.... Horrible people

We stay like this for a while. Right now I don't care about anything. The future.... The blade.... I don't even care about facing Jace. All I'm focus on the hug because right now... I really need this.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for such a short chapter but I made this so you would understand what Riele has to deal with at home. Don't worry though! There's more drama with Jaele on it's way! What do you want to happen next? 

Shohini