Not meant to be?

Braeden: What's going on?

Riele: I don't know Brae but I promise it won't ha-

I roll my eyes when she calls him Brae. It's not even cute.

Braeden: No. Sorry Riele but I didn't know that asking you out also meant asking out dumb and dumber over here

Ella looked down. I feel so bad. I shouldn't have dragged her into this.

Jace: Guys don't blame Ella, spying on your date was my idea I dragged her into this when I shouldn't have. She has nothing to do with this.

Ella and I got loose from the the man's grip. He left. Ella gave me a big hug.

Jace: Oh and by the way Braeden mine and Ella's individual smarts are bigger then yours

I glared at him and he glared back. Grrrrrrrrrr..... I hate him😡

Braeden: Whatever.... Look this isn't going to work Riele sorry

Riele looked at us then back at Braeden.

Riele: Your right. I could NEVER date someone who calls two of my best friends dumb and dumber.

Braeden then walked off. Riele sighed and turned to us.

Riele: Ella you can go home

Ella only lives 5 minutes away from the cinema. It was just me and Riele.

Riele: Why? Why couldn't you just let me go on one date? Why did you meddle?

Jace: I'm sorry Riele I let my jealousy get the best of me. I didn't mean to ruin your date.

Riele: Well you did.... Apologies can't fix that

And the guilt keeps coming.

Jace: I'm sorry

Riele: I'm going home.... Don't follow me

She ran out. I sighed and follwoed her. I know she told me not to but I made a mistake and I need to fix it.

Once I got to her house I quietly went upstairs. I saw Riele lying flat on her back in her bed staring at the ceiling. I started to walk towards her.

Riele: I told you not to follow me

She said not taking her eyes off the ceiling. There was no emotion in her voice.  I went and sat at the foot of her bed. I looked up at the ceiling trying to understand her. What's she looking at?

Jace: What are you looking at?

Riele: What I'm feeling

Her feelings? What?

Jace: What do you mean? There's nothing on the ceiling.

Riele: Exactly

What? What does she mean?

Jace: Huh?

Riele: Nothing. That's what I feel. I don't feel anger, sadness, hate, happiness, joy, love. It's like all of my feelings have been sucked out me. I've poured out so many feelings in our arguments I have none left

Jace: Come on Riele you know that's not true

Riele: Well I guess I do feel one thing

Jace: What is that?

Riele: Tired

Ok she is not making ANY sense

Jace: Tired of what?

Riele: Oh I don't know.... Hate, arguments, you.... Life really.

Jace: Your not going to do anything stupid are you?

Riele: No....

Jace: Good... Now I'm really sorry for spying on your date but I don't have a time machine Rie. I can't go back and fix this. I've apologised.

Riele: I'm not mad at you because you ruined my date... Well actually I kinda am but still....

Jace: Like I said I've said I'm sorry what more can I do?

She sighed as she sat up and looked at me. Once again there was no sparkle in her eyes. I never thought I'd see the day...

Riele: That's my problem.... You've apologised... But you've never meant it... You said sorry then made the same mistake....

She looked away. Oh no.... that's never good.

Riele: I don't know.... I just think... Maybe if you have to apologise so much then it might be possible that we're just not meant to be friends....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There you go! How was it? And while we're on the topic of how my books are what do you think of my other book? Which one do you prefer?
Shohini💖