The Demon Inside

I took a deep breath before looking Jace dead in the eye trying my best not to let the tears show.

Riele: I know... I don't want to break up either-

Jace: Then why are we?! If we both know that neither of us want to break up then why are we?!

Riele: Because you have feelings for another girl!

Jace: Those are small feelings!

Riele: But they're still feelings! I'm sorry but the thought of having feelings for two people at the same time sickens me! And that may sound weird but it's true! I believe that if you love someone then you don't love anyone else you only love that person! There's no way I can be with you if you like Maeve!

Jace: But... But...

Riele: Do you like me?

Jace: Yes...

Riele: Do you like Maeve?

Jace: ... Yes...

Riele: That's all I need to know

Jace: But...

Riele: No...

Jace: What's gonna happen now?

Riele: You and Maeve are gonna go on a trial date and then you have to choose either me or her.

Jace: Won't you get mad at me?

Riele: No... Because as of right now.... We're not together...

I started to tear up saying that. Saying that was so painful. It felt like I was being stabbed by 1000 knives. I could tell I hurt him as well.

Jace: Um... Ok... I love you Riele... And I always will...

And with that he left. I stared at the door for a couple of minutes. A part of me wanted Jace to burst through the door and hug me, telling me that I'm the only one for him and that he loves me and not Maeve. The other part however already knew that Jace wouldn't do that. That was just the harsh reality.

'God Riele! You can't even keep one guy!'

'No wonder he left! Maeve is actually pretty!'

'Maybe he wanted someone who was thin!'

I closed my eyes trying to ignore the thoughts roaming around my head.

'Don't ignore me sweetheart... I'm just telling you the truth'

Ugh! Shut up! Who are you anyways?!

'Who me? You can call just me... Your worst nightmare...'

Her voice was all sugary and sweet. Ironic....

Why are you here?

'I'm only here to help you meet a little thing called reality. Face it! Jace would be so much happier with Maeve.'

*gulp* We don't know that...

'Oh sweetie... We do know that. You see Maeve is actually normal. She doesn't self harm.'

I got over that!

'But you didn't. Admit it Riele... If you were to see a blade right now you'd use it because deep down... You know cutting is just one step of suicide and you also know that you don't belong here... Come on... You want to die... Admit it....'

I don't want to die!

'Admit it...'

No!

'Admit it...'

Get out of my head!

'Admit it...'

Leave me alone!

'Admit it....'

I won't listen to you.

'Admit it...'

Stop trying to get in my head!

'Admit it...'

Please!

'Admit it...'

Fine! I admit it! I want to die!

'Of course you do... Face it Rie Rie... I am the devil inside.... I will destroy you...'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another chapter done!
What did you think???
Was the devil a good idea????
Shohini😇