chapter 5

Resisting temptation

Chapter 5 …

“Hey!” I heard Jake call out.

I look down to the field from the bleachers to see him walking to them.

I grabbed my bag and started down the stairs. I was on the last one when Jake came up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I put one arm on his shoulder and he leaned in giving me a kiss. I still had to force myself to do it. I still didn’t understand that but I am choosing to ignore it.

I pulled back and asked, “Are you going to go change and take a shower?” I asked.

He nodded his head. “Yep, then we can hang out.” He told me smiling.

I forced myself to smile and said, “sure, yeah.” I told him.

He gave me one last kiss then pulled away. He walked off with the rest of the football players to the locker rooms.

I jumped off the last stair and broke into a run. I ran down the hill towards the school building and pushed open the doors, I rushed down the hallway, trying to beat Jake. He’s going to be done pretty soon and I haven’t been able to talk to Damon on all day. I look down the hallway and finally spot him. I sigh and roll my eyes; he’s with a girl, yet again. I gritted my teeth and pushed the feeling that it caused me away. I marched over to him and stood behind but he didn’t even show he realized I was behind him.

“Can we talk?” I asked him.

“Just a sec.” he said over his shoulder.

The girl glared at me and looked back at Damon. I shook my head and stepped around him and grabbed the girl’s arm. “Okay, it’s been a second. Beat it.” I told the girl.

“Whatever. See you later, Damon.” She said to him giving him the finger wave.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at Damon. “We need to talk.” I told him.

He leaned his shoulder against the lockers and put his hands in his pockets. “About?”

“This little thing.” I said using my hand to point between us.

He looked at my hand and then back at me. “What do you mean?”

I made a frustrated noise and looked around to make sure no one can hear. “You know what I am talking about, Damon.” I told him.

He smirks at me. “What do you want, Delilah?” he asked.

“I’m dating your-“

He cuts me off. “So you’ve told me. Do you want me to make you a card that say’s it? Maybe laminate it so you can whip it out every time you see me?” he asked getting off the locker and headed down the hallway.

I walk after him trying to catch up with him. “No. Damon, what is your problem?” I said when I finally caught up with him I said, “I was meaning that I have a boyfriend, that means I can’t keep-“

“What?” he said whipping around to face me. “What are you doing?” he asked. His teeth were clenched and his eyes screamed furious.

I took a step back. “I, I don’t know.” I whispered.

He took a step closer to me and leaned down, “Then figure it out.” He whispered between clenched teeth.

“Is there a problem?” I heard someone say.

I look away from Damon and down the hall to see Jake. “No.” I said to him. I walked away from Damon to Jake linking our fingers together. “Everything’s fine.” I told him.

Jake looked down at me then over to Damon. He nodded and started to head down the hallway with me in tow. I glanced behind me to see Damon walking away in the opposite direction then us. I looked back in front of me. Maybe I should have told the truth but Jake.

Xxx

I walked into the kitchen and set my bag down on the floor. I climbed up on the stool and laid my chin on my arms.

“Honey, what’s wrong?” mom asked.

“Mom, did you ever feel…I don’t know forced to like dad?” I asked her.

“No, you know were mates. When you find your mate it doesn’t feel that way. Why do you ask?” she asked me.

I sighed. “I don’t know, it’s just lately it seems forced between me and Jake. but if I don’t feel the same about him anymore I don’t want to lead him on but again I feel like if I do break up with him it would be mean and selfish.” I said.

She was quite for a moment but then leaned down on her elbows on the counter across from me. “Sometimes doing the right thing feels wrong but it still needs to be done. No matter what the outcome is.” She said.

“I don’t know if I want to know the outcome.”

“When did you start to feel this way?” she asked.

I shrugged. Ironically, it started when Damon moved back. “I guess Sunday or Monday. Weird but it started when Damon moved back.” I told her.

She gasped then sat up.

“What?” I asked.

She looked at me. “nothing.” She said.

“Okay…” I got up and grabbed my stuff. “I’m going to bed.” I told her.

“Delilah?” she called after me.

“Yeah?”

“Just be careful. No matter what you try to do or anyway you try to do things, someone always gets hurt.” She said.

I frowned but nodded. “I will. Thanks mom.” I turned and walked out.

That night I was having the weirdest dream. I felt young and small. I could hear moms voice but I couldn’t really see her. Everything was unfocused and blurry. But it sounded like she was telling a story.

“Then one day out of the blue when she least expected it and when she wasn’t even looking, he showed. He said he has been looking for her for a long time. So she went back to the castle to show him to her parents and when they approved they lived happily ever after.”

Then I heard, “She’s too young. You shouldn’t be telling her.”

“She doesn’t even know. She thinks its princess’s and prince’s. She doesn’t expect a thing.”

“Aubrey, you know how I feel about this.”

Then a picture of Damon came in my mind, clear as day and a wave of peacefulness came over me, and the dream disappeared.

I hope you all like it!!!

So please leave a comment so I can know how all of you guys feel about it.

And while you’re at it you can Vote and Fan, if you want.

I hope it’s long enough, on word it says its 4 pages long so I hope it’s longer than 1 at least on Wattpad.