chapter 23

cover made by ILuvFanFics

Chapter 23- Resisting temptation

Delilah’s POV

The first thing I realized is that I am not sleeping in my bed. It was too hard and uncomfortable. The blanket to thin, the pillow not fluffy enough. I blinked my eyes open to see a wooden ceiling above me. I could see spider webs and flies flying around it. I frowned and looked around. I counted six girls looking at me. I sat up, panic flooding me. Where am I?

I glance around and can tell I’m in an old basement. The floors cemented and dirty. Boxes and shelves piled in the corners. I look down and see I’m sitting on a cot same as the other girls. A sharp pain goes through from my neck to my shoulder. I reached up and wished I didn’t. My hand touched cloth. I looked at it as best as I could. I saw a white cloth tapped to my neck. Then I remembered.

Luke bending down and biting me. Me lying in Damon’s arms then being ripped out of them.

A girl stood and walked towards me. She had long wavy brown hair. She wears black rimmed, square glasses. She sat at the end of my cot. “Hi.” She said quietly.

“Hi.” I croaked back. My throat was dry. I wonder how long I was out.

“Rose?” she called out.

A short petite girl stood up. She had that really pretty red hair and white porcelain skin. She walked over to a sink I hadn’t seen and filled up a cup. She walked over, handing me the cup.

I smiled my thanks and downed the water. “thanks.” I mumbled.

The rest of the girls gathered around me.

“I’m Kristen.” The brunette said. She pointed to the red head and said, “Rose.” She pointed to a long haired blonde with long legs. I could tell she would have been a cheerleader at her school. “Courtney.” Then she pointed to another blonde with not as long of hair saying, “Nikki.”

She took a deep breath giving me a small smile. “That’s Meghan.” She said. A girl with short black hair waved at me. “Then there’s Faith.” She pointed to a girl in the back. She had brown hair with her legs drawn up. I could tell by how she can become a ball she’s short.

I waved to everyone. “I’m Delilah.” I said.

“Oh we know.” Said the girl name Courtney.

I frowned. “What do you mean?” I asked.

Kristen glared at her and turned towards me. “She just means, that’s all everyone can talk about.” She said shrugging.

When she did that I noticed a bit mark on her neck. I frowned. I looked around and saw six other cots besides the one I am sitting on. I glanced at all the girls and saw each of them baring a bit mark. If they have mates then why were they down here?

“Can I ask you something?” I asked her. She nodded. “If you don’t mind me asking, if you guys have mates then why are you staying down here?” I asked.

They all looked away not saying anything. Finally Nikki looks at me. “Yes we have mates but no these aren’t their marks.” She said shrugging.

I frowned. “I don’t understand.”

Courtney glared at me and pointed to my bandage. “Did your mate give you that?” she snapped.

“No, Luke-“ I cut myself off. Realization filled me and I sucked in a breath, shocked. “Luke marked all of you?” I asked. Kristen nodded. “But Luke said he had a mate that’s why he wanted revenge on Damon.” I told them.