chapter 18

Resisting temptation

Chapter 18…

 I see Allie at her locker so I walk over to her but on my way to her I spot Jake. He wasn’t alone either. He stood next to a golden blond haired girl stuffing books into her locker. He kept gesturing with his hands. When we first started dating I found out that that was a nervous tick for him. And babbling to, which I am sure he is doing now.

But the girl just kept on smiling and shaking her head.

I walk up to Allie and asked, “Who’s the girl Jakes talking to?”

She glanced over at them then back at me. “Why, jealous?” she smirked.

“No. just curious. I haven’t seen her before. And by the looks of it he seems a bit nervous.” I stated.

She shrugged. “She’s new. Her name is Violet and she and Jake have been talking all day. I heard he was the first she met from this school so he showed her around.” She closed her locker door and locked it.

I stood and watched them talk and the funny thing is, I never once felt jealous or mad. I felt happy. I’m glad our break up didn’t leave him all sad or mad. I couldn’t help but see how cute they are together and how he looked at her.

Another person caught my eye. I glanced down the hall and saw a guy starring at us. From this distance I could tell he had brown kind of shaggy hair. He stood there tapping his thigh with his fingers. I glanced behind me to make sure he wasn’t waiting for someone or that he was looking for someone. But no one was behind me. Then I glanced at who was beside me and saw Allie digging through her purse.

I cocked an eyebrow and glanced back at the guy. I squinted and notice that it was the guy that has a crush on Allie. I grinned and motioned him to come forward. He paused, his finger’s stilling, and then glanced behind him then back at me. I nodded and pointed at him. He slowly started to walk forward.

“So, what’s going? Hanging with Damon?” Allie asked me while fixing her strap to her purse.

I shrugged. “I honestly don’t know.” I scoffed then said, “I honestly don’t know what’s between us.”

She frowned. “What do you mean?”

I shrugged lowering my voice. “I broke up with Jake but we still haven’t had ‘the talk’.” I glanced towards Jake but he’s too focused on the girl.

“Why don’t you-“she cut herself off, glancing sideways at the guy that just came up to us. “hi.” She said.

“hey.” He said back.

I could feel the awkwardness in the air. I grinned and said, “I’ll just see you around.” I said then hurried away before she could say anything.

I shook my head and walked past Jake but again it was like there was nothing going on in the world besides that one girl in front of him.

I pushed on the doors and stepped outside then I paused. Allie is my ride. I sighed and turned around the head back inside but then a familiar sound came up behind me and I turned smiling.

“Hello there, damsel in distress.” Damon said grinning.

I turned all the way around so I was facing him. I put my hands on my hips and said, “I’m not in distress thank you. I can walk.”

He rolled his eyes. “Climb on.” Then he grinned.

I shook my head but couldn’t help the butterfly’s coming to my stomach. I walked up to him swinging a leg over the bike and wrapping my arms around his waist.

He revved the engine then peeled out of the parking lot.

Xxx

He shut off the bike and I climbed off. He grinned down at me and leaned down to give me a long lingering kiss.

“See you tonight?” he asked.

Yes, again, Damon has talked me into breaking the rules. I am sneaking out to go hang out with Damon tonight.

I shook my head. “yes.” I said sighing in defeat.

He started up his bike giving me one last look then drove off. I grinned to myself while I walked inside.

I put my bag down and closed the door behind me. I glanced out the door making sure I really saw what I saw. I jogged into the kitchen.

“Dad, is that-“ I cut myself off when I saw for myself. A huge smile spread across my face. “Grandpa!” I yelled running over to him.

He gathered me up in his arms and patted me on my back. “Hey.”

There’s so much of grandpa I see in dad every day it still amazes me how much they look alike when their actually together.

I left my arm around his waist leaning my head on his shoulder. I glanced over at dad but I could see the set in his jaw. Me and dad still haven’t talked everything out yet. I let go of grandpa and stepped back.

“What’s going on? I mean, I always love seeing you but what’s going on?” I asked.

Dad leaned on the counter sighing. “When the boys were out on the scouting they picked up another sent. They said they’ve smelt it before, a couple days ago but thought they were just passing through but their still here.”

I froze. Luke’s still here. What’s going to happen if dad catches him and he explains why he is here? Dad will let him confront Damon I know he will. I still have to figure out what kind of compromise to give Luke.

“What are you going to do?” I asked cautiously.

Dad stood up. “Track him down. Figure out why he still here and what he wants and why he didn’t come to me and ask permission to stay on my territory.”

I could feel the color drain out of my face. I slowly nodded.

“Are you okay, Delilah?” grandpa asked.

“Yeah, fine. I got homework so I should go get started on that.” I said backing up. “It was great seeing you, Grandpa.”

“You have to come see me before I leave.” He told me.

I nodded. “Totally.”

I turned and walked out. What the hell am I going to do? Well for one it sure would help if I knew exactly why Luke wanted Damon. I have to find out. I ran upstairs to get ready.

Comment, vote and fan!

I hope you like!!

I’ll try to upload soon but my weekend is pretty full so cross your finger’s guys!!