chapter 15 one problem down

Chapter 15-one problem down

I walk down the hallway glancing around trying to avoid Jake. I know I told Damon that I would break up Jake today but I just want prolong it as much as possible. I don’t know how to broach the subject. I don’t when or where would be the best time.

 I go into my last class of day and couldn’t even tell you what the teacher was talking about. All I could think about is how I am going to break up with Jake.

The bell rang jarring me out of my thoughts. I got up, grabbing my stuff and heading out. When everything was put away in my locker I pushed the doors open to outside when an arm wrapped around my shoulders.

 I knew right away it wasn’t Damon because the usual shocks and tingles didn’t go through me and I knew it wasn’t any of the girls because I could tell the person is tall and I can tell it had muscle. I looked up and saw Jake glance down at me.

My stomach tightened with nervousness and dread. I looked back down.

“What do you want to do tonight?” he asked me.

Where would be the best place? If we were in public he wouldn’t make a seen but I don’t know. Maybe he’s place? Or mine? Well most likely my parents will be home and his parent’s most likely won’t and the less of an audience the better.

“Your place?” I asked him.

He shrugged. “sure.” Then he grins. “Damon supposed to be out tonight.” He said.

“great.” I said trying to hide the sarcasm.

We walk over to his car and climbed in, he drives out of the parking lot. Should I bring it up now? Or should I wait?

I open my mouth to start the conversation but then I close my mouth. I suck in a breath but then just blew it out in a big sigh. Who knew breaking up with someone would be this hard?

We pulled up to his house we climbed out. I started to ring my hands and look around while he opened the door. We stepped in and headed to the hallway. He opened the door to his bedroom and walked in. I closed the door behind me and stood there while he sat down on the bed with his back to the headboard.

“What?” he asked with a small smile on his face.

I felt a pang in my chest knowing that I would be the reason to whip that smile off his face.

I sighed and walked over to the bed. I sat down facing him, tucking one leg under me while the other dangled off the bed.

“Look, Jake, we need to talk.” I said slowly.

He sat up and leaned towards me. “okay.” He said.

I bit my lip. “Okay,” I took a deep breath. “Jake,” I started but I paused. Where do I start?!

I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear, looked down and decided to just jump in. “Jake, I think…I think we need to break up.” I said.

He didn’t say anything. I glanced up, under my eyelashes and saw him staring over my head at the wall.

“I just think it would be the best thing. See it’s just that-“I stated but he cut me off.

“Is it a guy?” he asked.

I looked up at him. “What?”

“Are you dumping me for a guy?” he asked emotionless.

I hesitated. I had fully intended to tell him about Damon but the look on his face, hurt, sadness, and anger. I couldn’t. So I went with the half-truth. “No. it just doesn’t feel the same.” I told him. “Lately my feelings have been changing and I just don’t want to keep leading you on and keeping you from meting someone that deserves to be with a nice guy like you and for you to be with one your meant to be with.” Then I paused and the perfect reason came to mind. “Jake you know you’re going to meet your mate soon and being with me is keeping you away from her. You should be with the one you’re destined for. I don’t want to be the reason for you not finding her.” I told him.

His expression softens. “Your right. And thank you for looking out for me. I don’t want to force you into something you don’t want to be in so, it’s fine, we can break up.” He said squeezing my knee.

I smiled at him. “Thanks, Jake. And I meant what I said.” I told him sternly.

He smiled and nodded. “I know.”

I breathed a sigh of relief. “Good.”

What a relief. I was hoping it would go this way. But how would he feel if he found out about me and Damon? Would it upset him? Maybe if I am Damon’s mate then maybe it wouldn’t upset Jake so bad. But that would mean confronting Damon about the whole mate thing.

One problem down and one more to go. Wait, scratch that, two problems to go. I still have to figure out what Damon did to Luke to make him hate so much so I can find a compromise without him killing Damon.

Xxx

The doorbell rang and I walked down the stairs to the door.

“Got it!” I called out.

I grasped the doorknob and pulled open the door. A man stood on the porch. He had peppered hair and brown eyes that looked so much like my own. He had creases on his face that said his age. His hands were stuffed in his pockets and his button up shirt had creases in it but tucked in.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Is Aubrey here?” he asked hesitantly. He glanced around all like he was reconsidering being here.

I kept my eyes on him but I yelled in the house for mom. “Mom!”

When I did the man on the porch eyes widen. And he started to fidget.

“Delilah? What is it?” she asked coming in from the den. She looked at me then at the man.

She stood silent for so long that I took my eyes away from the man and looked at her.

“Mom?” I asked her putting a hand on her arm.

She finally looked away from him and I could see different emotions running through her at once. Surprise, confusion, sadness, anger, rage, happiness.

She looked back at the man and said the most shocking, jarring thing. “Delilah, this is your grandfather.” She said.

I looked from her to the stranger on the front porch.

Sooooo, comment, vote and fan!!!

I hope you like!!!!

I wanted to do something different for this chapter. It’s been all about Delilah, Damon and Jake. So I decided to change it up. Tell me what you think about it!!!