chapter 25

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKAY GO READ NOW!!!

Resisting temptation

Chapter 25

Luke snapped his napkin bringing me back to the dreaded reality. I looked over at him watching him place his napkin in his lap then take a sip of his wine. He nodded in approval.

“Not bad.” He mumbled. He set his glass back down then glanced at me.

“Can I have a glass of water?” I asked him. There is no way I am drinking with him.

He looked at me for a moment then called out for a glass of water. Not a minute later someone came in putting in front of me and leaving a second later.

I gripped the glass staring at the wall in front of me knowing Luke is watching me. I took a sip of the water; I sat the glass back down in front of me.

“Your beautiful.” I head Luke murmur beside me.

I choked on the water and started to cough. I went to pull my hand away from the glass but Luke grabbed it instead. He brought it to his lips and pressed a kissed to my knuckles.

I had to restrain myself from yanking my hand out of his grasp. I swallowing the bile that rose to my mouth, I tried to smile but I don’t think it worked because he slowly let go of my hand letting me place my hands in my lap. I wanted to so bad to tell him how I felt about him and his little plan and what he did to those girls but I know I have to be on his good side tonight or my plan blows up in my face.

I kept my eyes off of Luke as much as possible. When the food came I tried to eat but I was mostly forcing everything down. My thoughts were wondering, thinking of Damon and how he was holding up when a hand rested on my check.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw it was Luke.

“Delilah, I-“he started but then he was cut off by Conner.

“Luke.” Conner said coming into the dining room.

Luke’s eyes darkened and his hand slid from my check. I glanced at Conner grateful that he finally has come.

“What is it?” Luke said gritting his teeth.

“We have a situation.” Conner said.

“What now?” Luke asked him sighing. Conner glanced at me then back at Luke. “Fine.” Luke stood then addressed me. “I will return.” Then him and Conner left the room.

I waited ten seconds then I bolted from my chair. I don’t know how long Conner can distract Luke for so I ran across the hallway and searched for the phone. It was sitting on an in-table beside an old leather chair in the corner. I raced over and with shaking fingers begun dialing my home phone number.

I crossed my fingers behind my back and prayed someone would answer.

It rang….and rang….and rang. On the fourth ring no one answered and my mother’s voice came on apologizing for missing my call. Tears sprang to my eyes; I tipped my head back not wanting them to fall. Might as well leave a message, I thought to myself just when I heard a ‘hello’ from the other end.

I sucked in a breath, caught off guard by the voice. That voice. His voice.

“Hello?” he asked again.

I could tell he was in a hurry. He was out of breath and his voice sounded in patient.

"Hello?"

“Damon?” I whispered not wanting to believe it.

Damon’s POV

I ran as hard as I could, my paws hitting the ground and leaving in seconds. My breathing came out in gasps, the cool air pushed my fur back and the air stung my eyes. But I didn’t give any of these things a second thought; all I could think about is Delilah and what that asshole could be doing to her right this moment.