chapter 24

Sorry it took so long guys, I’ve been really busy but I hope this makes up for it!!! Finger’s crossed!!!

Chapter 24

I took a deep breath, not believing that I was going to say this, “I’m going to go to dinner with Luke.”

They all gasped.

“Why would you do that?” Courtney said, looking at me like I’m a complete idiot.

I ignored her and focused on everyone else. “I need to get out of this basement. There’s no contact to the outside world, right? And most likely Luke will in whatever room he takes me to.” I said shrugging. “It’s my only hope to get in contact with my father or Damon.” I said.

There’s a moment of silence while everyone exchanged looks.

Kristen sighed and nodded her head. “Your right, someone needs to get out of here and get word out.” She glanced at Faith and she nodded. “We’ll get Conner to help us. We’ll get information out of him when he comes to bring us breakfast.”

“Who’s Conner?” I asked.

“You just met him. The guy with Luke?” Kristen asked.

I gaped at them. “Steroid guy is your ally?” I asked shocked.

“Hey, he’s not on steroids.” Faith said defending him.

I frowned. “I’m sorry but he just doesn’t seem like he would be going against Luke’s wishes any time soon.” I shivered at the memory when he sat with me in the car.

Faith crossed her arms. “We’ll he is my mate so I think he would help me out.” She snapped.

My mouth dropped open. “I’m so sorry, Faith, I didn’t know. It’s just the way he acts around Luke.”

The anger left her face and sadness replaced it. She looked down and started to pick at the blanket on the cot. “I know but it’s the only way he can see me.”

Meghan wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

I reached out and squeezed Faiths hand. She glanced up giving me a small smile.

“When Conner comes down, we’ll get him to tell us where Luke is taking you.” Kristen said.

I nodded. “Okay.”

“What is your plan after getting the word out?” Courtney asked.

I glanced over at her. “Hope that someone will hear me.” I told her.

We were all gathered around my cot, going over the plan. Me and Kristen were sitting next together on mine while Faith and Meghan sat at the foot of it. Courtney, Nikki, and Rose sat on the one next to us. We were discussing what I would say in the short amount of time I had when we heard foots coming down the stairs.

We all paused and like before no one breathed a single breath. We sat very still not wanting to make a move, like pry waiting for the hunter to make its move.

When we recognized it was Conner we all started to breath. He was carrying a tray with seven small plates on it and seven empty glasses. He walked over to a built in counter setting the tray down. Then he faced us. The guy I remember disappeared. The player and careless look dropped being replaced by sadness, love and concern. His eyes landed on Faith right away. She jumped up and flung her arms around his neck. His arms wrapped around her waist, he bent down to her level, burring his face in her hair.

Tears sprung to my eyes making me look away. I noticed the other girls had to too. I think at that moment we all started to think about the same thing, our mates. I took a deep shaky breath and whipped the tears that were about to fall away.

I glanced back at Faith and saw her let go of him and looked at his fac. He placed his hands on either side of her face and murmured something. She nodded her head and a sob escaped her. I saw a pained look come across Conner’s face. He said something else and she nodded again. She took a deep breath; he gave her a kiss on the forehead and grabbed her hand.

He brought her back to us and he sat down with her on his lap.

“Hello, Delilah. I hope you can forgive me for my behavior. You must understand why I did it.” He said.

I nodded. “I understand.”

He nods his thanks.

“Conner, do you know what Luke’s plans are for Delilah?” Kristen asked.

Conner looked over at her. “Yeah, they’re going to have dinner in the dining room of the Alpha’s house, then…” he trailed off looking at me then away.

I swallowed hard and nodded. I understand, were going to go eat then finish the process. I shivered and swallowed bile. “Is there a phone anywhere near the dining room?” I asked him.

He nodded. “Yes. In the sitting room across the hall from the dining room, is a phone.” He glanced back at Kristen then at me. “you’re not seriously considering actually going willingly?” he asked me in disbelief.

“I have to. It’s the only way I can get ahold of my father or….Damon.” I said glancing down.

Thinking of Damon made me sick. Knowing what was going to happen and like Conner said, I’m going willingly.

“Is there any way you can distract him, Conner?” Nikki asked him.

 “Yes,” he looks at me and says, “but you have to be careful. Remember he’s a werewolf so you have to be quit. And there’s no way to know how long I can distract him for.”

I nodded. “I understand.”

He shakes his head. “Your one brave girl. Good luck.”

One of Luke’s pack member’s brought down a clean dress for me. It was a summer dress the color sky blue with black flowers and vines designing on it. He shoved the dress in my arms then took my by the upper arm and dragged me into the bathroom.

“Get cleaned up.” He ordered then turned on the shower and slammed the door shut.

I glanced down at the dress then my reflection in the mirror. Everything that is about to happened came down on me at once. The dinner, the final processes. What if Damon doesn’t get to me in time? Tears started to form but I whipped them away. No turning back. I undressed and stepped into the shower, letting the hot water run down my body.

When I was done, I toweled dried my hair as best as I could then brushed it. I put on the dress, it was a perfect fit. I zipped it up and looked at myself but I had to look away.

I opened the door and walked out towards the girls. At the foot of my cot sat white high heels. I sat in silence while I put them on, again perfect fit.

We sat there in perfect silence. No one said anything while we waited for someone to come get me for the dinner. I knew everyone was nervous even if it wasn’t them who were going to the dinner. When I heard someone on the stairs I stood. So did everyone else. They all hugged me and whispered good luck for only my ears and watched me while I climbed the stairs.

I walked through a hallway, glancing in every door, trying to remember everything. There was a library, a den, a closet and a bathroom. I finally spotted the sitting room that I hoped Conner was talking about but then we came upon a door that led into the dining room. I hesitated but took a deep breath and walked in. Luke was already sitting at the table. A place with a plate, silverware and a glass, sat waiting on his right.

He smiled up at me and gestured with his hand for me to sit. I walked around the table and pulled out the chair and sat.

He smiled down at me and poured some red wine into my glass.

“You look beautiful, Delilah.” He said.

I forced myself to smile then looked away.

When is Conner going to distract him? I thought to myself. I don’t know but it won’t come soon enough.

soooo, tell me what you think!!!! i hope i did good. i tried to hurry to finish it so you guys could read so i hope it's okay.

coment, vote and fan!!

 thanks for sticking with me guys!!!

and to the right is a picture of Delilah's dress.