chapter 36 the ending

So guys I regret saying it is the final chapter of Delilah’s and Damon’s story. I hope you like the last chapter of their story.

Chapter 36 of Resisting temptation

Luke’s POV

I sigh as I lay against the pillows on the bed in the motel we are staying at. We decided to stay at the motel that is a few towns over to get some rest and to clean up. I flip on the TV while Isabel sits on the edge of the bed taking her shoes off. She sighs and stretches her neck. Her long blonde hair falling to the side showing off her long neck. A feeling that I didn’t recognized fluttered in my stomach.

She glances at me over her shoulder. “I’m going to jump in the shower.” She said standing up.

“Alright.” I said watching her walk across the room to the bathroom. When the door closed I glanced back at the TV not paying attention to what was playing.

I place an arm behind my head and got settled into the pillows. I could hear the water running from the small bathroom that is a few steps away. My thoughts wonder off to the events that happened just a few hours ago. I went to that lake determined to have Delilah all to myself but ended up with Isabel instead. I glanced at the bathroom door and still couldn’t wrap my mind around the fact that Isabel is my mate. I met her once before, I even thought she might be my mate but she was too willing. I like the chase but she didn’t run so it wasn’t much fun for long. So I went onto my next target. Thanking about that brought back the day I got the idea to go hunting for my mate instead of waiting for her to come to me.

I knew it was a long shot but I also knew that Alpha’s were their most powerful when they find their mate. I needed that power. So I went looking. At one point I did honestly think all six of those girls were my mates. But when I realized they weren’t, when they found their mates I was to made, angry, to let anyone else be happy. And that’s how I got to be powerful. Fear.

I loved the feeling too much, so I kept looking. And one after another they weren’t it. But then Delilah came and she fought and ran and I gave chase knowing she had to be the one. But again she wasn’t. So I had to have her, I had to have that power.

I sighed shaking my head at my stupidity. Only if I still went after Isabel, I would be powerful for my strength not for being feared.

Better late than never I guess.

Delilah’s POV

A steady beeping noise woke me. I didn’t open my eyes at first knowing a bright light would be waiting for me by the color red of my eyelids. I frowned in confusion. What was that stupid beeping noise? It was very annoying and loud. The smell of bleach hit my nose and it wrinkled in disgust. What was mom cleaning? I turned my head trying to fall back to sleep. I went to lie on my side but my left arm wouldn’t move. Slowly I opened my eyes, blinking rapidly because of the bright light.

I brought my right arm up to shield my eyes but something tugged on the top of my hand. I lowered it glancing at it, frowning not completely understanding what it was. Then it hit me. I glanced up and saw tiled floors and a painting of a flowered field on the wall in front of me. A small rounded table sat in the corner while a small, uncomfortable looking loveseat sat under a window. I glanced to my right and saw the sink with the four cabinets above it then I glanced right beside me where the beeping was coming from. My heart that was the annoying sound that woke me. I glanced down at my left arm and saw the reason why it wouldn’t move. Damon was laying on it. He was gripping my hand with his right, his arm hiding his face, while his head laid on my arm and his left resting on my stomach.

I went to gently wake him moving my right hand over me but two things stopped me. The IV that is plugged into my hand and stabbing sensation in my right side. I sucked in a hiss between my teeth and I heard and felt my heart beat pick up. I laid my head back staring at the tiled ceiling taking deep breaths through my nose when I heard him wake.