Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I woke up startled but didn’t know why. I sat up in bed looking around my dark familiarly room. My curtains flowing in the midnight breeze from the window being left open. The moonlight shinning in and spilling across the wooden floor. I removed my blanket and slowly lowered myself from my bed. I patted across the floor towards the window. I reached out placing my palms on the window and slowly shutting it. I closed the curtain, shutting out the light.

I turned around-

“Hello, Delilah.” Luke’s familiar voice rang out in my room.

“Ahh!” a scream erupted from me and I shot up in my bed. My hands flying everywhere to protect myself.

“Delilah, Delilah.” I heard Damon say then he reached out grabbing my arms and lowering them down on to the bed.

I looked at him my breathing slowly coming back to normal. I finally was able to calm down and come back to reality. Then I stared at Damon in shock. It’s been three days since I got back from Luke’s and Damon’s barely touched me since. He comforted me after every nightmare I’ve had but other than that he kept a good distance between us but always close by.

He let go of my hands and brushed my hair out of my face. “You’re okay, Delilah. Luke’s not going to get you.” He said wiping my tears away with the pad of his thumb. “Okay?” he asked softly.

I nodded my head. “yeah.” I whispered.

He nodded his head, letting his hand fall away from my face. He fixed my pillow and motioned for me to lay back. When I did he placed the blanket back over me, tucking it in.

He leaned on his elbow over me and said, “I’ll stay awake until you fall back to sleep, kay?”

I nodded my head and tears wanted to well up again but I pushed them back and turned on my side away from Damon.

I don’t know how long I’m going to be able to take this. It’s like he’s here but I can’t reach him. Unconsciously I reach up and placed my hand over the bite mark. Silent tears ran down my checks, he doesn’t want me. I’ve been marked to someone else.

XxX

I woke up in the morning with salt streaks on my checks and the bed empty beside me. I slowly sat up and removed the blanket off of me. I walked into my bathroom and stuck a washcloth under the sink to get it wet. I then took it and wiped the dried salt streaks off my checks then splashed some cold water on my face.

I brushed my teeth and my hair then started for the stairs. Half way down them I had to pause.

“I shouldn’t be here.” I heard Damon say. “I’m not helping her, there’s no point.”

My chest gave a painful squeeze and I had to sit down before I fell. I gripped the stair railing and tried not to cry.

“Damon, she needs you. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t look like it isn’t working, you need to be here.” I heard my dad say.

I looked down at my hands resting on the railing and started to blink rapidly. Damon doesn’t want to be here? My breathing started to come in gasps and my hand came up clutching my chest. Damon doesn’t want me.

“Delilah?” I heard Rose say.

I couldn’t answer her all I did was nod my head.

She walked up the sitting next to me. She placed a hand on back and asked, “Are you okay?” she asked softly.

I haven’t really spoken to Rose before. She was always the shy, quiet type always sticking to the shadows.

The girls came back to stay at my house for a while until dad can figure out this whole situation out.  

I just shock my head.

She looked me up and down. “You’re having a panic attack.” She sighed. “Just put your head between your knees and try to take deep breaths.” She put her hand on my head and gave it a gentle push.

I did what she told me to and my breathing started to go back to normal. When I knew I was fine. I sat up placing my head in my hands, tears pouring out of me now. I had to restrain myself from letting a sob break through.

“Come on.” Rose said placing a hand under my arm and lifting me up.

I followed her back into my room and she tucked me under my blanket, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“How are you good at this?” I asked her.

She shrugged then a small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. “I had little sisters.” She said glancing down smiling into her lap. “I always helped my mother out with taking care of them.” She said shrugging.

I smiled at her and opened my mouth but closed it when I saw the door begin to open.

 My heart picked up a beat and Rose patted my ankle in understanding.

Damon walked through the door but hesitated when he saw Rose.

Rose smiled and stood up. “It’s fine. Were done.” She glances at me and gave me a reassuring smile.

I tried to smile back but I don’t think I quit did it.

I looked down at my blanket while Damon walked over. “Are you ever going to get out of bed?” he joked trying to lighten the mood.

“I already tried.” I mumbled.

He frowned then climbed into the bed beside me. He went to rest his arm on my stomach but then thought second about it and laid on his back instead.

I looked away not wanting him to see the hurt in my eyes. He can’t even touch me. I closed my eyes and one silent tear went down my check.

Comment, vote and fan.

Sorry it was so short guys, I just want to upload tonight so here it is! I hope you like it!! Please tell me what you think. And guess what????????? Sadly Delilah’s and Damon’s story is coming to an end:'( I don’t know how many more chapters but I’ll let you know soon.