chapter 35

Chapter 35

After grabbing a bit to eat me Allie and Aria drove around killing time until 3:25 when school let out. When 3:25 came around Allie drove up my drive way pulling in behind my dad’s big black SUV.

I unbuckled my seatbelt grabbing my bag I opened my door stepping outside. I bent down sticking my head in the open doorway and said, “I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” They waved at me while I shut the door and Allie pulled out of the driveway and towards Aria’s house.

I climbed the porch steps and pushed the door open. It was quiet inside no sounds coming from anywhere. I guess the girls haven’t gotten home yet. They’ve been leaving the house one by one. They finally gotten hold of their families and started to move out but promised that they’ll go to the same school as me. So all their stuff is almost out and the house is going to be down to three people once again. It’s kind of sad actually; it was always quit around here with just mom, dad and me. I’m going to miss all the different noises and arguing but they need to be with their family and they can always visit.

I shook off the feeling and instead replaced it with happiness for them. They finally get to go be with their family again I should be happy for them.

I walked over to the stairs and was about halfway up when I heard my name being called. I leaned over the railing of the stairs looking down the hallway towards the kitchen seeing my dad walking towards me.

“Yeah?” I asked.

He glanced up at me pausing in his steps. “How was school?” he asked me.

Something in the look he gave me told me there was more to his question. Maybe he knew about mine and Damon’s break up. I rested my arms on the railing leaning into them. “Fine I guess. Its school so nothing special happened.” I said.

He nodded his head slowly looking around. “Did you and Allie and Aria have fun?” he said looking back up at me.

I stopped myself from saying yes looking at him more closely. The way he lifts one eyebrow up just slightly and folds his arms across his chest is a dead giveaway that he prepared for an answer he’s not going to like. I sighed in defeat, he knows that we skipped. “You know.” I said letting my bag fall off my shoulder preparing for a lecture.

“Yes I do know, know how I know?” he asked annoyance creeping into his voice. I shrugged instead of answering him. “Aria’s and Allie’s parents called me worried sick because the school called them saying they never showed.” I slowly lowered myself so I was sitting down on the stairs.

The whole day all of a sudden came crashing down on me. Me and Damon fighting then breaking up, then me and Aria fighting then realizing that I really do have to hear Damon out, it all just came crashing down on me. I felt tired and worn out and all I really wanted to do is sleep for the next ten year’s then listen to my dad lecture about skipping school.

I rubbed my forehead and said, “I know, I know. Skipping is bad, you should have gone to school, and you should have called. We’ve been over this, you’re grounded for a month with no phone or friends over. Straight to school and back home nowhere else.” I said waving my hand in the air.

I looked up at him seeing his jaw clench and his arms folded across his chest. “Are you finished? Or did you miss something?” he asked.

I thought about it for a minute. “No I think I got it all. So can I go now?” I asked standing up.

He sighed rubbing his temple. “Delilah, I have to look after a pack of 30 people plus keep in touch with all the other packs close by and keep an eye out for any trespasser’s.” he looked up at me. “All of that would be so much easier if I don’t have sit around adding you to my worries.”