chapter 17

Chapter 17 Resisting temptation

“Are you going to go inside any time soon?” Damon asked me.

I’m still on the back of his bike and my arms are still wrapped around his waist. I’m starring at my house dreading what waits inside for me. “yeah.” I told him but my arms stay locked around him and I don’t make a move to get up.

He laughs. “Delilah, you have to face them sometime.”

“No I don’t. I could stay at your place.” I told him.

He slowly nods. “Not that I wouldn’t like that but I don’t think Jake will or my parents. Matter of fact I think it’ll just piss off your parents more than they already are.”

“Do you really think their mad?” I whispered.

He shrugged. “There’s only one way to find out.”

I took a deep breath and unlocked my arms and got off the bike. “Thanks, Damon, for being there.”

“What can I say, I’m a helpful guy.” he smirks.

I roll my eyes and lean in giving him a kiss. I turn around then headed for my doom.

I open the door and close it softly behind me. I listen but I don’t hear anyone. I take slow steps towards the kitchen and start to hear soft murmurs. I walk up to the kitchen doorway and peak through it and saw my parents at the kitchen counter. I don’t see my ‘grandfather’ anywhere so he must be gone.

I heard a gasp and I look over and see my mom place a hand to her heart. “Delilah.” She said softly.

She walked around my father and towards me. She gathered me up in a hug and squeezed me then let go

“I’m so glad you okay.” She said placing a hand on my check. “Your okay, right?” she asked looking me over.

I nodded. “I’m fine, mom.” I reassured her.

She smiled. “Good. I’m glad your home, safe.”

I smiled then looked over her shoulder. Dad was at the island not looking at me. “I’m going to go get ready for bed.” I told mom.

She frowned but nodded.

I turned around and climbed the stairs up to my room. I was right, he hates me. Can I blame him though?

After my shower I decided to grab something to eat. Those chips didn’t really fill me up. I walked down the stairs and through the hall. I walked into the kitchen, flipping on the light. I jumped taking a few steps back. My breath was coming in gaps.

“Dad, you scared me.” I said.

He glances over his shoulder at me then back at his drink. “sorry.” He murmured.

I slowly walked into the kitchen and to the fridge. I pulled out the milk setting it on the counter then I went to the cupboards for my lucky charms. I grabbed a bowel and started to pour my cereal into the bowel same with the milk. While I was doing this dad said nothing.

I turned to the island setting my uneaten bowel down and decided to just come out with it. “Dad, I’m so sorry.” I said. He didn’t say anything so I continued, “I was just so mad and it just came out. I didn’t mean any of it. I know you care for mom and you would never, ever forget what happened to her.” I paused but he didn’t say anything. “Dad-“

 “Delilah.” He cut me off. He stood and walked out of the kitchen. A moment later the front door opened then closed.

I bent my head laying it in my palm. A moment later a hand rested on my shoulder. “He’ll be okay.” I heard mom say. I glanced up at her and saw her starring off at the front door, concern filling her eyes. She glanced down at me. “He’s not mad at you, honey.” She said.

I stood up straight. “How can he not be? You saw him, he obviously is.” I said walking away from her and running upstairs. I slam my door shut and fall on my bed,

Jake’s POV (I know right!)

I sighed and kicked another rock out of my way. I walk down the main street of our town looking around me not seeing any of it. I still can’t get my mind around the fact that Delilah just broke up with me.

I shook my head and glanced up at the sky. I know what she did was out of the goodness of her heart and what she said was true. She could be holding me back from finding my mate.

But I really do love her. I always have. And now she’s not mine, she’s gone. Okay, she not literally gone, I know I’m being over dramatic here but that’s how it feels.

 I’m just glad she didn’t dump me for some other guy. How crappy would that feel? Then I laugh to myself, what if it was Damon?

I shook my head. Never. Delilah couldn’t fall for Damon’s tricks. She’s not that type of girl. She would laugh at his games.

I turn the corner and come to a sliding halt. A girl with golden hair that flows down her back came out of the library, carry a stack of books. And if I hadn’t stopped she wouldn’t be holding them anymore.

“sorry.” I told her.

She gripped the books harder. “It’s okay.” She said.

Her voice rang out through me. “Here let me help you with those.” I told her.

I stepped closer to her and my heart sped up. All thoughts of Delilah gone. I grabbed the stacks of books from her, my finger’s grazing hers. But that’s all it took. That small touch sent a million electric bolts running throughout my body. I looked at her and saw her looking down at her hands. She frowned but I could see in her eyes that she was confused, curious.

I got a good grip on the books and cleared my throat. She looked up at me. “So, are you new? I haven’t seen you in town before.” I asked her.

She nodded. “Yes, me and my family just moved here. I thought I would check out the library, obviously.” She smiled a shy smile and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. “Oh god, sorry. My car is over here.” She said walking towards an older version of the bugs, it was blue. She took out her keys and unlocked the passenger door. She pulled it open stepping out of my way. I set the pile of books on the seat and closed the door.

“I’m Jake.” I told her.

“Violet.” She said.

“It was nice to meet you, Violet. I hope to see you soon.” I told her.

She smiled. “Most likely at school.”

I mentally kicked myself. Idiot! “Right. Then I will see you tomorrow.”

“okay.” She said smiling. She went around her bug to the driver’s side, getting in and started it up. She pulled away from the curb and drove off.

I grin to myself and start walking again.

I hope you like!!

Comment, vote and fan!!

I uploaded a day after last upload, not a week after!!!!