chapter 34

Chapter 34

I climbed down the porch stairs walking towards Allie’s idling car. I open the passenger door and slide in. I sighed as I buckled my seat belt leaning my head on the headrest. I finally turned to look at Allie and stopped in shock.

“You look like crap.” I said to her. Her hair was pulled back in a messy pony tail; her face was drained of color, and she has no makeup on.

She pushed up her ray banes to look at me. “You look pretty crappy yourself.”

“Yeah, Delilah you look more horrible than usual.” Aria said from the back. She leaned up between mine and Allie’s seats and grimaces at me. “I mean, not that you look horrible any other day.”

“Yeah you have mascara streaks.” Allie said pointing at my checks.

I pulled down the visor for the mirror and grimaced at the sight. Allie and Aria were right, I did look like crap. I scrubbed at my checks while Allie pulled out of my driveway and started towards school. I gave up on trying to look decent and slumped back into my seat.

I leaned my head against the window and sighed. “I don’t want to go to school.” I wined.

“You think I do?” Allie asked. “With this freakin hang over? I don’t think so.”

“Then let’s not go.” Aria said from the back. I craned my neck to see her staring out the window. She glanced at me. “What? Why not?” She asked.

“Um, because it’s skipping school.” Allie said like it was the worst thing to even think about doing.

“Oh, come on, Allie.” Aria said sticking her head between us again. “You have a hangover, obviously something happened to Delilah and I don’t want to take that stupid anatomy test.” She clasped her hands together and stuck out her bottom lip. “Please, please please?” she begged.

Allie slowed down for a stop sign and sighed. She rubbed the bridge of her nose making her sunglasses move up and down. Then a horn blared behind us. “For the love of God!” she shouted glancing behind her. “Freakin horns and their stupid loud noises. People have to be so damn impatient.” She mumbled to herself. “Fine we’ll skip.” She finally said.

“Yes!” Aria shouted flopping back on the seat and punched the air with her first. “Take that Mrs. Riley.”

“Aria, enough with the shouting.” Allie snapped. “Plus it’s not like I can get in anymore trouble.”

Xxx

“Whoa, wait,” Aria said holding her hands up. “You got drunk?” she asked Allie in disbelief then turned to me and said, “And you dumped Damon. Your both idiots.” She said sliding off the hood of Allies car.

“I didn’t dump him, I let him go.” I said defensively.

“And he said I was his mate, I should be able to freak out a little bit.” Allie said just as much insulted.

 Aria shook her head and glanced at me. “Delilah, you didn’t let him go because he didn’t want to be let go so yes you dumped his ass. You’re just too damn scared and stubborn to admit that he still wants you after everything that has happened.”

I jerked back at her tone of voice. I’ve never heard her so serious and angry. “I’m not scared.” I mumbled, scooting around on the hood of the car trying to get out from under her glare.

“Then you,” she said spinning around looking at Allie. Allie took a step back with a scared look on her face. “Yeah your allowed to freak out a little bit but not go out and get drunk. Allie this is something to be happy about. You found your mate the one guy that you belong with for the rest of your life. You should be freakin ecstatic.” She sucked in a breath then glared at both of us. “Ugh, idiots!” she said then stomped off towards the gravel road that leads out to the highway.

I slide off the hood and watched her walk away mumbling to herself, we looked at each other than started after her.

“Aria!” I yelled after her. “Aria, were sorry.” I said grabbing her shoulder and pulling her to a stop. I walked around so I stood in front of her and she couldn’t go anywhere. “We are idiots, okay?”

“Hey,” Allie said spreading her arms out, offended.

I rolled my eyes at her then ignored her. I took a deep breath and said, “I’m sorry, your right. I was scared so I took the easy way out. I broke up with him before I could hear what he thought about  our situation.” I took a deep breath feeling better getting all of this off my chest.

Aria tried to hide a smug smile but it didn’t work. She turned around to look at Allie and cocked a hip to the side in wait. I raised an eyebrow at her and she just stared back at us.

“What? Why are you staring at me?” she said frowning at us.

“It’s your turn. Confess.” I told her.

She scoffed. “There’s nothing to confess.” She said in a duh tone.

I rolled my eyes at her. “Come on, Allie.” I said walking up next to Aria.

She sighed. “Fine.” She said throwing her hands up then back down slapping her thighs with her hands. “I, uh, it scares me.” She finally said. “I have no control over this and it freaks me out. I have these feelings for this guy I just met. Feeling that aren’t even supposed to form until months maybe years. And I’m sitting over here having no control what so ever!” she let out a deep breath. She looked down at her hands.

Aria walked up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. “Allie, it’s normal to be scared about those things. You two are destined to be together no matter how much you try to control this you cant.” She said shrugging. “So stop trying to and embrace it.”

Allie nodded. “Fine, I’ll talk to Eric about my feelings.” She said like she all of a sudden felt sick.

 Aria turned around and pursed her lips at me. I frowned at her, “huh?” I asked.

She sighed. “And you’re going to talk to Damon, right?” she asked.

Allie straightened up. “Yeah, Delilah, you’re going to talk to Damon, right?” she asked smirking.

 I bit my lip and said, “Yeah defiantly.” I said glaring at Allie.

“Good!” Aria said smiling at both of us, oblivious to how me and Allie feel now.

I sighed. “I need to lie down.”

Vote, comment and fan.

Down to 2 chapters’s left. Almost done guys!

Sorry there’s not a lot of drama or anything but I figured Delilah and Allie needed a chapter where it was kind of friends comforting friends ya know? But don’t worry next chapter something’s going down…