I.M Imagine

NEW BOOK ALERT!

Check out my new book Photograph [Joshua Hong Fanfic]

Link will be posted in the comment box.

Thank you!

-

You carried a pile of books in your arm as you look for an unoccupied table in the library. It was easy since nobody usually hangs out in a building full of boring books.

You began making your way to the table at the end of the hall. A guy was sitting there alone with big beats on his ears, nodding along to the beat as he writes something on his notebook.

"Can I share the table with you?" you asked but he didn't respond. The books were getting kind of heavy so you dropped them on the table. The boy suddenly looked up to you and removed his headphones.

He placed his notebook in his bag and left. That was weird, well atleast you got the table all to yourself.

It wasn't long when the bell rang and you had to go to your class. Arriving in the classroom everyone was already in their seats. You slid down to your chair and placed your bag at the side of the table.

The teacher entered.
"Class I have a surprise for you!" she exclaimed with glee. Everyone sulked in and began to whine. Not this again.

"Let me guess miss, a surprise test?" She tells the same joke everytime and it's definitely not funny.
"No silly. You have a new classmate!"

The newbie entered the classroom. It's that guy from the library. His eyes roamed around the room and stopped at you.

"Mr. Im Changkyun, why don't you introduce yourself?" The new guy just stared at her and didn't talk, "Aha ha, say something about yourself Changkyun-ah."

Changkyun began walking towards you. He doesn't remember you, does he? You suddenly felt nervous. He had his eyes locked on you as he slowly walks through the aisle and walked past you.

He pulled the chair of the table behind you and sat down. You felt stupid for assuming too much.

The homeroom teacher cleared her throat and evened the papers in her hand.
"Please treat him nicely. Welcome to Seoul High, Mr. Im." and she left.

Everyone diverted their gaze to Changkhyun, he showed no emotion at all, he just took out his notebook and wore his headphones over his ears.

Time flew fast and that ended the class. Everyone went out of the room except for you and Changkyun. Being the nerd you are, you took out the book you borrowed from the library.

Flipping through the pages, looking for the post-pad you sticked on the chapter you last read. As you began to read you were distracted by a rhythmical tapping and humming. You turned around finding Changkyun tapping his pen, listening to his beats again. The music was so loud it was spilling from the headphones.

You gave up. You closed your book and turned your chair to face him.

"Hey, I'm (y/n) welcome to Seoul High Changkyun." he removed his beats as he looks at you.
"I didn't hear you. What did you say?" He asked, the American accent stressed in his words.

"Hey." was all you can utter after being taken back with the sudden need to speak in English. But you somehow recovered.
"Oh hey." he responded.
"Umm.. I'm (y/n)."
"I'm Changkyun, but you can call me I.M."

"What are you listening to?"
"Oh this? Wanna try it?" he lifted his headphones from his head and made you wear it.

You slowly adjusted the headphones when an instrumental began to play. It was mellow at first but it throws off some powerful beats from time to time. This guy listens to sick tunes.

"That was amazing."
"Thanks, my brother and I put it together for a song but I'm still working on the lyrics."

You noticed his notebook, "Can I read a few lines?"
"It's not done yet. There are alot of grammar errors too."
Changkyun was shy about it at first but he handed it to you.

You read through the pages. There were alot of erasures and grammar errors. You noticed there were more English words than Korean words. You couldn't help but ask.

"Are you half-American?"

"No. I'm Korean. I just grew up in Boston. I transferred to Korea for my audition. I can speak alittle Korean but I'm not confident about it." He scratched his head.

"So that explains why. Want me to help you with the lyrics?"
"Really? Thanks."

You corrected all the errors and everytime he needs translation for a word he'll just ask you.

You and Changkyun became close after that. The two of you were inseparable. You became his personal tutor. But after all you've been through, he suddenly stopped coming to school. He cut connections between the two of you. He just disappeared.

It was a noisy day at the market. You went over the vegetable stall to pick carrots when you heard a song you're very familiar with.

"Ahjussi can you turn the volume up?"
You were left standing in awe. It's the song. You couldn't believe it. You smile to yourself as you heard his voice.

"I see you over there, arrived first with a bright smiling face
The fastly rewinding times with you have stopped now

I'm looking at it again and my frozen heart is melting
You were my spring but I pushed you away
I left you all alone when you were so kind
Just when I started regretting, you held my hand and said, I waited for along time, hurry and come."

Changkyun the song turned out beautifully.

The three-minute song ended, "That was Monsta X's new track, Honestly! Leader, Please tell us more about the song."

"Actually we didn't contributed that much to the song. It was actually our maknae's composition."

"I.M-ssi, what is your inspiration about the song?"

"It's a very special song. I passed the audition with this song. Sajangnim praised me about it but I couldn't take all the credits." he laughed, "This song is dedicated to a special girl I met a couple of months ago. We became good friends. To be honest, she actually helped me with the lyrics."

Your heart flatters as you hear him talk about you. His Korean has gotten better too.

"Is this girl your first love I.M-ssi?" You could actually see him smile to himself as you hear the other members tease him about it.

"I think so." he replied in English, "Things didn't go well between us but hopefully I'll get to see her soon."

"I'll be waiting Changkyun." you whispered to yourself.

"Miss are you still going to get these carrots?" the guy asked bringing you back to your senses.

"Ah, yes." you paid for it and left with a smile.

Someday we will meet again.

-•-

This was a request I got before, but I accidentally forgot to put it in my request list. I'm really sorry. (T ^ T)