Caskett: A royal romance, Chapter 4

HEY GUYS !! SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE !!!! I PROMISE UPDATES WILL BE MORE OFTEN ;) HERE'S CHAP 4 !!!!!

..........................................................................................................................

Chap 4- After dinner Rick took Kate to show her around the palace. 

They walked into the ballroom and Kate gasped. 

"Wow!" She said.

 "Every year we host a christmas Eve ball, this is my favorite place." he said and she smiled.

 Kate took out her phone and snapped a photo. 

Lanie would be so jealous! Kate bit her lip and sat on the table.

 "Rick." She said softly.

 "Hmm?" He asked. 

"I was just wondering.. When we met you said you asked your Parents to come to America." She said and Rick sighed. 

"Well I just.." She fumbled with her words.

 "You're wondering where my father is." He finished for her and she sheepishly nodded.

 "I don't mean to pry." She said and Rick shook his head, taking her hand. 

"Nonsense Kate, we're in a relationship, you have the right to know everything about me." He said and she smiled.

 "To answer your question.. my father died when I was 12." He said and Kate gasped. 

"Maybe that's why we fit so well together." He said with a small smile.

 She half smiled knowing he meant that her mother died when she was young as well.

 "Well my mother took over and I was the young prince with no father." He sighed and Kate squeezed his hand. 

"You're my prince." She said and he gave her the most tender smiles she had ever seen.

 She almost melted from that smile. 

Rick extended his hand and she raised an eyebrow but took it anyway. 

He smiled and walked her to the middle of the ballroom. 

He wrapped an arm around her waist and she blushed. 

"I..I can't dance." She confessed but Rick shook his head.

 "I'll teach you." He said and she smiled.