Caskett: A royal romance Chapter 35

NEW CHAP !! AND TWIST ;)
Shout out to lorijustineg & hannihoughtonbeckett
................................................................................................................................

"And then the children's faces were white." Kate said and Roy began laughing. "Oh wow Kate, you've had some adventures." He said and Kate nodded. Rick had gotten a phone call and was gone for a few minutes leaving Kate and Roy by themselves. "So ugh how does Rick treat you." Roy asked and Kate smiled not surprised he was asking.

Roy was always her second dad, always protective over her. "Don't worry you don't have to shoot him, he's honestly the greatest man ever, he's always kind and sweet and he's the perfect father." She said and Roy nodded. "Good, I could tell by the look in his eyes." He said and Kate smiled.

"I ugh.. Got a visit by Josh." He murmured and Kate's eyes widened and she began to tense. "Roy you promised.." She began and he nodded with a sigh. "I know, He had promised he wouldn't come back but he claims he has something of yours he needed to give back." He said and she furrowed her brow.

"But I took all of my stuff from him when he left." She said and Roy took something out of his pocket. He placed it in Kate's hand and she gulped. She opened the small box and furrowed her brow. It was a key... this didn't look familiar.

"Roy this isn't mine." She said and he looked at her. "Hey said it belonged to your mom." He said and Kate gasped. "What!?" She said. "Kid listen.. He told me that your mom's accident was no accident." He admitted and Kate started to shake.

Panic attacks were coming back. Rick, she needed Rick. Roy could see she was panicking, he got out of his chair and ran out where Rick was on the phone. His back was turned to him so Roy took the phone out of his hand and Rick turned around.

"Roy what.." "It's Kate." He said and Rick ran inside. Kate was shaking badly holding herself with her arms wrapped around herself. "Kate!" Rick yelled and Kate slowly looked up. She cried as Rick ran up to her and took her in his arms.

"Shh I'm here." He said and she began to calm down. She breathed deeply and let it out, like her therapist said all those years ago. Once she was calm Rick picked her up in his arms and his bodyguards cleared the area.

He told one of them to get them to the hospital. Once they arrived the nurses took Kate and Rick rubbed his temples. "Roy what happened?!" He said and Roy sighed. "Sit." He said and Rick sat down and Roy sat next to him. "Kate's 26 right?" Roy asked and Rick nodded.

"Yea we both are." "Right, when did you guys meet?" He asked. "4 years ago." Rick said. Roy nodded and sighed. "6 years ago Kate was in a relationship with a man named Joshua, they were together for 2 years." He said and Rick's stomach turned.

"Well after a lot of emotional happenings Kate finally ended things, Josh gave Kate everything but one item, a key." He said and Rick furrowed his brow. "A key?" He asked and Roy nodded. "Her mother's key, Kate didn't know she even ad the key." He said and Rick was confused.

"Rick.. Josh was planted by a man named Senator Bracken to get close to Kate and make sure she never found out about her mother." He said and Rick felt sick. "Why?" He asked and Roy sighed. "Bracken killed her mother." He said and Rick's eyes widened.

"What?!" He said and Roy nodded. "He had it look like a car accident but it wasn't." He said and Rick put his head in his hands. "My wife's mother was murdered?" He whispered and Roy sadly nodded. "And what about Senator Bracken? Was he arrested?" He asked and Roy shook his head.

"No we were never able to prove it, no one can touch him." He said and Rick smirked. "Well it's a good thing I have diplomatic immunity." He said and Roy raised his eyebrow but realized what Rick meant. "Are you sure you want to go down that rabbit hole?" He asked and Rick nodded.

"Yes, I don't think a senator would want to mess with a King." he said and Roy shook his head. "You know what I mean." he whispered and Rick bit his lip. "I know..I just can't let this go.. I'll tell her, I promise." he said and Roy nodded.

"I'll go get all the information I have and find out where Bracken is, and I'll find out where a secure location is." he said and Rick nodded.

Roy left and Rick sighed, Roy was right he really didn't want to open this wound with Kate again but he wanted her mother to have justice. he just didn't know how much Kate was going to be in pain when she found out her mother was murdered.

.........................................................................................................................................

DUN DUN DUN !!!!!! COMMENT AND VOTE ;)