Chapter 8

Hey! How are? Here's  chapter 8!!!!!! Long one this time guys!

Comment,vote,peace :)

Olly's P.O.V

1:30 pm. Good. I walked over to Lily's. After the showdown last night I was quite nervous. I didn't like seeing Lily in such a state. But I hate that Pete guy! I mean "Hey Dude." How old are we like 14? I shook my head and pressed the doorbell, once. . . twice. . . Lily opens the door. Running a hand through her hair she let me in.

"I'm sorry." I said. I was VERY sorry.

"For what part?" Lily replied. Come on! Does she always have to get me down?

"For, making me miss the last film, which starred Robert Patterson?" She joked. I smiled. Well this was something!

"Oh God, not him, hes the vampire guy isn't he?" I fake vomited. Sorry, I'm a guy, it's instinct.

A moment passed and we were both stood there looking at each other. I looked around her living room, before my eyes landed on something. I walked over and picked up a silver photo frame, engraved with spirals. It was a picture of Lily and I on her birthday. I glanced at Lily. "You kept it huh?"

"Yeah. I've still got the slippers upstairs. I found that I stopped growing at 16!"

"Well I was happy to find that those God awful blond highlights came out!"

"Offended! They weren't that bad were they?!"

After that we both kind of stood there. Conversation was becoming harder and harder, if I didn't already know Lily, we'd probably be talking about pets, holidays or the weather!

"I really wish, we could go back Lil. Back to the way it was, when it was easy between us, when we used to be joined at the hip."

"Me too ,Olly, me to. I'm sorry I'm being like this, it's just kind of hard still. And do you not remember that promise we made? Never to say we were joined at the hip, because we thought it made us sound old and like our mum and dad." Lily let out a short laugh, those blue,blue eyes shiny. I had to look down. "Now when we do talk it's just memories. I don't know anything about you anymore Lil'. What do you do as a job? How did you meet Pete?"

"I'm a vet and I met Pete at college. Olly the reason, we only talk about memories, is to stop us from talking about when you left. Do you really care, where I met Pete? I don't mind if your not bothered Olly! People drift apart Olly and now we know what it feels like." She stopped for a moment before continuing "And I don't know if I want to become part of your life again." She gulped and took my hand. "Olly. I will always love you. But this is all too much too soon. I'm afraid, that even this time next year, if your still here, I don't think we'll ever get back what we had. And I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" I whispered.

"I'm sorry because, those are some of the hardest words to say to the guy who you grew up with. And those word must've been the hardest words for you to hear."

I left her flat, and wandered around a bit, trying to clear my head. If Josh and Keiran had never turned up in my life, I probably wouldn't be like this. I knew they were bad, I should have stayed clear of them. I mentally cursed myself.

I had hurt Lily  bad, and that hurt me bad.