Chapter 12

Hey chapter 12 :) Ok, the last chapter was a bit short, but it was exciting right?  ;)

Comment, voter, peace

Lily's P.O.V :)

Ding dong. Go away.

Ding dong. Go away.

Ding dong. Go die in a hole.

Ding dong, ding dong, ding, dong. For God's sake SHUT UP!

I got up after, thinking, surely, surely, no one could need me that badly. Note to self: Take batteries out of door bell.  I was tired, and had back ache, it doesn't matter how many pillows you put on the window ledge, it still isn't as comfy as a bed. I opened the door to find Olly standing there in blue jeans and a plain blue T-shirt, and a blue waterproof coat. He was ever so fashionable - said sarcastically.

"Olly, when someone doesn't answer the door on the first Ding dong, it means GO AWAY! Oh and Your outfit is. .  . lovely." I said grouchily. I was tired, when I'm tired I turn into sarcy mode.

"You don't look so bad yourself."

I looked down at myself. I was in an over-sized U2 concert T-Shirt and joggers.

"Everybody's got to love a bit of U2." I shrugged.

"Everybody's got to love a bit of bed head hair too." Olly said. I let him in, or rather he just walked in, and I wandered over to a mirror, to examine my messy hair.

" Meh." I said and sat down.

"So, you got me up Olly and now your not going to say anything? Why are you even here Olly? Do you not remember what I said before?"

"Yeah I do, and I wasn't going to come over but I had a question."

"Don't you always." I muttered "Go on then." I stood up and made 2 black coffee's. It was often what got me through the mornings.

"Well um, the thing is, um"

"OLLY SPI' I' OU'!" I yelled, getting cut off by a yawn. " If you didn't get that it was OLLY SPIT IT O-

"I got thanks." He took a deep breath. " What happened to Hayley?"

My body went slack, and I suddenly felt cold, even though it was the middle of summer. I pulled my cardigan closer to me before looking at Olly.

"She. . . She died." I whispered meekly. Olly's mouth fell open.

"I'm sorry Lil'." He said  "How?"

Now it was my turn to take a deep breath.

"There was a new club in town, I didn't even want to go, we were 18, so we were allowed to drink. But Hayley dragged me." I let out a short laugh, it had no humour in it. " And it came to about 1am and I said I was going back home, and Hayley said she'd come back too, we waited on the pavement for a taxi to turn up, and then one came onto our road and Hayley was chattering on and on like usual, and then stepped forward, sticking her hand out. . . but she slipped." A tear fell down my cheek. " She slipped and fell into what would've been road, if that Taxi hadn't been there. It came down our road, like I said and then couldn't stop in time, she screamed, so, so loudly and then went flying onto the bonnet and fell back onto the road." By this time it was getting hard to speak, because of the lump in my throat and tears were flowing freely down my face.

"Oh." Was all he managed.

I knew this was hard for him, we were both really really close to Hayley, but luckily for him, he didn't have to see her that way. I had been working on burying away those images, but now he had bought them all back up again, but I couldn't blame him, he needed to know the truth, and I was the one who gave it to him.

He left soon after, leaving me to my own thoughts.