Chapter 1

Hey this is my first story on wattpad :) Hope you enjoy it. The first chapter is a bit of a filler, to get to know the characters.

Comment, vote, peace :)

"Guess who?" A deep voice asked from behind me.

"Olly I know it's you, you do this to me every lunch time, it doesn't matter what voice you do it in!" I giggled.

"Awww, you always guess it!" Olly whined jokily.

I brought my luxary school canteen lunch. And by luxury, I mean, I got a limp salad and a can of Appletiser.

I walked to my usual table where I meet Hayley usually.

I opened my can and plopped the straw into it, my lip wrapped around the straw and I sucked in the loved Apple taste, the fiziness, hitting my tongue and making me jump as I wasn't expecting it. I stopped drinking it and pushed it out of my way, I could see a little ink line of lip gloss and a small dent, but other than that there weren't anymore traces of being used.

I dug my fork into the salad and took a bite, the bitter taste of the salad dressing bit at my taste buds, not good. I stood up again and chucked it away, what a waste of £1.50. I sat back down next to Hayley.

"How is it in love bird city then?" Hayley asked.

" Hayley we are NOT going out!" I responeded

"Are you sure?"

"I think I'd notice if I was going out with Olly, Hayley!"

"It's just you always look so suspicious."

"What? What's suspicious?" Olly joined in, only now listeneing to the conversation.

"Oh nothi-" I started

"Well, I was just asking Lily, if you guys are like actually going out, cos you like so should. And you always act really cooooosssssssyyyyy! Like, now! None of my guy friends would put an arm on my shoulders, unless I was going out with them, but even then they probably wouldn't do that. Would they? Well anyway, you should like go out, if your not already going out, cos that would be confusing, and you would have been lying to me." Hayley chattered on in her usual quick way.

"Oh Hayley, if only you knew what went on behind closed doors. wouldn't that be something to gossip about!" Olly said deadly serious.

My mouth opened, in a very unattractive way, but I was just too shocked by what Olly had said, did he mean it? Did he finally feel that way about me?

Then they both cracked up laughing.

"I was only joking Lil'! Your face honestly!" Olly said between laughs, before copying my face. Making Hayley burst out into new fits of laughter.

"No seriously Hayley, we're just close friends!" Olly said and Hayley pouted.

In that split second, my breath faulted, my heart reate dropped and all hope I had just shattered, I covered it backe up with a smile, like I wasn't feeling slightly upset. I should've known really, that Olly isn't going to ever feel that way about me. A guy like his could bag any girl he wanted, and in fact he does, so why I ever thought it were ossible for us to hook up puzzled even myself. I haven't even told Hayley how I feel, I don't know why, I know she wouldn't tell anyone, but I just feel  a bit young I supose, and very cliche!

"Anyway! Lily I have your birthday present for you!" Olly said

"Yay." I said sarcasticly.

"Do I really want it if you've got it me?" I asked.

"Well, I would say that I'd keep it but I really don't want this present, to be honest."

I opened the bag to find a pair of pink, fluffy slippers, with rabbits on the toes! I put them on checking they fitted, which they did! The little rabbits staring up at me, and the soft fabric under my feet. They were already warming up my toes!

But honestly which boy remembers a girls shoe size? Obviously Olly! I hesitated before taking them off.

"Do you think the teachers will mind if I go round school with these on all day?"

"Well I think Miss Lord might, when we go to PE, and you where those as your trainers." Olly pointed out, smiling. Damn it!

"And it muddy outside, so unless Olly picks you up and carries you around during hockey, I think there's probably get a bit dirty." Hayley  said.

"Alright, alright I'll take them off! And Hayley, however skinny I am Olly would just be to weak to carry me" I winked at Olly, before resting my head on his shoulder and laughing.

Already I knew this was going to be the best 16th birthday ever!

But my happiness couldn't last forever could it. . .