Update

I know this may be ironic cause my updating schedule is crap but if you want reads then UPDATING IS THE KEY!! Nobody wants to read a book with two parts that hadn't been updated for a month. I suggest every three days or at least twice a week. Some people only update once a month- that is CRAZY!

Imagine having to wait a whole month for the next chapter of your favourite book, you would hate it. I used this philosophy when updating my books because it made me empathize with my readers. I didn't want them to be waiting agonizing amounts of time because I know how I would feel.

Also if you don't update then readers get bored and could potentially forgot the plot entirely. I would suggest against making an update schedule only because they are quite hard to stick to and people may hate on you for missing your deadline days. But roughly try to update every 3-5 days.

A mistake some people (including myself) make is updating everyday- NO DON'T DO THAT! Your chapters won't be a good quality because you'll be rushing them plus people may also get bored of your plot because they don't want to read it everyday. You want to build up suspense, make the reader really want to read the chapter so when it comes they are really excited. If you give chapters to them every day they don't have time to build up that tension of 'what's going to happen next?'.