Styles Of Writing [Requested]

Emotional Writing- making your reader feel emotion (e.g. Making them laugh, cry or shout in rage)

Descriptive Writing- effectively describing places, people and events

Eventful Writing (I kind of just made this one up)- an action packed book, where there is little detail and is mainly made up of events.

Simple Writing- little to no literary devices used and easy to understand.

To make an amazing book- you need to master how to write like each one of the styles that I have just listed. Writing with these styles will draw readers into your book as they will be able to connect to your work.

How To Master The Styles Of Writing

Emotional- draw from your own emotions and try and put those feelings into words. Try to avoid cliches (e.g a single tear fell down my cheek).

Emotional writing will make the reader connect with your character and therefore draw them into reading more of your book- thereby giving you more reads.

Descriptive- get a thesaurus app HOWEVER don't use it on every word as this will make your writing sound stilted and it won't flow as well.

Descriptive writing builds a bigger picture for your story and it makes your writing more interesting. Not many people like reading books where there is no description and it is just a series of events e.g. I woke up. I looked at my alarm clock.

Eventful- as discussed briefly in the last chapter, eventful writing will always draw in readers as the book is expected to not be boring. The trick with eventful writing is to not have too much action all at once as readers may get bored- you need to give time to let tension drop and build.

Simple- you need to know when to use simple writing such as 'I walked to the bus stop' in your writing. Simple writing is used to showcase the more descriptive pieces in your work, and also can make the writing flow better and sometimes even make more sense.

This was a requested chapter- please comment any chapter suggestions which you would like to see :)