How To Get More Votes [Requested]

There are a few ways to get more votes on your book. If you're finding that people tend to be reading but not voting you may be frustrated, annoyed and maybe confused.

Readers tend to forget to vote if they're caught up in the story. A way to remind them is to write a message in the author's note at the end of the chapter such as:

Please remember to vote and leave feedback if you enjoyed :)

But as many writers know, some (if not most) people ignore these messages and carry on reading so this method may not be the most effective.

Another way to get more reads is to ask a good friend on Wattpad to vote on your work and give you some feedback which may give you an insight as to why your chapters aren't getting many votes. If you can find the root of the problem by getting a second opinion, you will be able to fix this problem and then gain more votes.

As someone who has written in many genres (including SciFi, Mystery/ Thriller, Non- Fiction, Random and Fan Fiction) what you will find is that different types of readers will vote in different ways.

The Loyal Reader is the type of reader that all writers love as they vote on your chapters and comment and are generally amazing.

The Fake Voter will vote on all of your chapters within two minutes and then expect something in return even though they haven't read your book.

The Person Who Votes On The Last Chapter will have read the whole book but only remembers to vote on the last chapter because they were so sucked into the story.

The Offline Reader can't help the fact that they can't vote but they have added your book to their library which is still equally exciting.

There are more/less of each type of reader in each different genre so it's really a lottery with who reads your book.

If your book isn't getting many votes and people tend to stop reading after the first two chapters, maybe consider editing or changing certain aspects of your book e.g make things clearer or make chapters longer/shorter.

Ways not to get votes:

•trade votes- this is against Wattpad's policy (I think it still is at least)
•say your going to only post a chapter when you get a certain amount of votes- this will only make you lose readers and come across as arrogant
•have bad quality chapters- people will feel like your chapters don't deserve a vote

Anyway this is all I can think of at the minute, I've always found that it's kind of a lottery with voters as some people vote on every chapter and some don't vote at all.

This was a requested chapter! Please comment some more things you would like to see a chapter on :)