Cliches of SciFi and Horror [Requested]

No genre is exempt from clichés. Not even SciFi and Horror.

When this was requested I was like 'Yes! I get to rant now finally' but this chapter is also for people who write in these genres and just to help them know if what they are writing is completely and utterly cliché.

Let the rant begin!

Clichés of Science Fiction

1. An outcast has magic powers but then ends up using them to save everyone and everyone loves them suddenly #elsa
2. Alien comes down to earth and falls in love with someone but doesn't tell them that they're an alien until some bad guys come and hunt them down.
3. Journey to find their homeland and they meet some misfits of society along the way #kindofTheWizardOfOz

Ok there aren't many that I can think of for SciFi plots or phrases because SciFi is this crazy genre where so much happens that not much is overused.

Clichés of Horror

I just need to take a deep breath before I start otherwise I'll get really heated.

1. Teenagers that are drunk getting kidnapped and acting all tough to the kidnapper.
2. People tripping over when a killer is chasing them (I'm guilty of using this lol)
3. People only getting kidnapped and held hostage for like an hour.
4. Haunted houses that actually just have a vampire in them. Actually can vampire stories please get out of Horror- you have your own genre!
5. Kidnapping books where an evil sibling is behind it. Sure it was tense the first time but now it's like bleh.
6. Psychos wanting to make a 'perfect family'. The sad thing is that the idea is so amazing but it's been overused.
7. People being able to unlock chains by shaking them a bit.
8. 'Torture'. Smacking someone once isn't torture, it might be classified as abuse (I don't know).
9. Kidnapping books in general have just become so cliche- can someone please write one that hasn't got a story line that has been used a thousand times?
10. Hostage falling in love with evil kidnapper.
11. Car not starting when evil guy is chasing them.
12. When people hear creepy noises, see things move and feel like their is someone/something in the house but they're like 'nah it will be fine, I'm just going to go to sleep with my door completely open'

Ok I need to stop myself now otherwise I'm gonna start offending people. I don't know if these are even clichés, but their definitely storylines that I've seen being used before multiple times.

This was a requested chapter- please comment any more chapter ideas!