Northern Water Tribe (Part 1)

Sora's POV

We have been flying for days and all I've seen is water. Sometimes if we see land, we let Appa rest and I can practice my airbending, other times if I want to think I use my glider and fly next to Appa. I tried to become friends with Katara but she keeps shutting me out. Me and Sokka have become really close. He's like older brother. I was currently flying on my glider, a little behind Appa when Sokka was making signals to come back. I curiously came back onto the saddle. "What's up bro?" I started saying that we were here and I started jumping up and down. Sokka yanked me down, because he thought 'I was so small the wind would take me away'. Whatever. Aang told the guards that he was the Avatar and they started to run around, and treated him like royalty. I giggled at their behavior. We entered the city and I was so happy that we were on ground. I jumped off of Appa and did a happy dance. Aang and Sokka laughed lightly, but Katara just glared. Suddenly Sokka was focused on something else. I looked where he was looking. It was a really pretty girl with snow white hair. I elbowed his side and wiggled my eyebrows. He just playfully shoved me aside. I giggled.

Guards escorted us through a crowd of people and towards the guy in charge. When we got there the guy was doing everything to make Aang happy. It was so silly. Sokka was still drooling over the really pretty girl. Turns out she was the princess. Everyone was talking to each other during a feast that the King was hosting for 'the avatar' so I took my chance to talk to her.

"Hi!" I said, trying to be friendly.

"Hello." She sounded so fancy.

"I'm Sora." Kita came up behind my neck. "And this is Kita."

"What a lovely name. My name is Yue."

"I love your hair. It's so pretty."

She touched a lock. "Oh thank you. No one's ever said that before."

I was shocked. "Are you sure. It's so lovely. It's almost brighter than the moon."

She smiled. "Well I would hope so. That is where it came from."

"Really?"

She told me the whole story about when she was a baby. It was so interesting. After she finished we still talked. I made her laugh sometimes and she made me laugh too. Although she kept sneaking glances at Sokka. When she looked at me I made some hand gestures. 'You like Sokka!' I didn't know if she would understand but when I did it she blushed. I threw a piece of food at Sokka when no one was looking. He turned to me. 'Ask her to hang out.' I gestured. He shook his head. I turned to Yue and did the same. She smiled and she whispered, "After dinner." I started to smile like an idiot. When dinner finished I hopped up and thanked the King. "Uh, sir. If it would not trouble you so much, Can Yue come hang out with me. I barely got to talk to her." He thought about it for a second before answering. "Yes but you must spend it in her chambers." I nodded and quickly pulled Yue out of the room. I waved bye to Katara, Sokka and Aang. Only Aang and Sokka returned it. Katara had a devious look on her face. It sent shivers down my spine.

Yue took me to her chambers. I closed the door quickly. She turned to me. "Did you ask him?" She nodded smiling. I squealed. "I'm happy for you. You're so perfect together." Yue smile dropped and she sat on her bed. "But I can't be with him." I sat down next to her confused. "See this necklace." she said pointing to the beautiful necklace around her neck, "This necklace shows I am to be married." I gasped. "Yes I know. I do care for Sokka but I cannot break tradition." I hugged her. "How about you have fun with Sokka tonight, and at the end you can tell him. I know you want to be with him so enjoy the time you have together." I suggested. She nodded. "Okay perfect. I'll help you escape here. Jump on my back." She looked at me questionably but she did it anyway. I jumped out of the window and used my air bending to land gracefully, not hurting Yue at all. Her grip was so tight. "Yue, its fine. We landed." She opened her eyes and got down from my back. I giggled a little. "Come on let's find Prince charming." She sneakily ran around the town until she walked up to a bridge. Sokka was already there. They talked for a long time. I slowly started to drift into dreamland when I heard Yue tell Sokka she was engaged. She ran to me crying. I hugged her and took her home. When we got back, she told me what happened. She was so happy. Then she told him about Hahn, her fiancé, she was so hurt. I let her talk and comforted her when she needed it. We fell asleep close after that. The next morning, I thanked Yue for letting me spend the night. I ran outside. I loved just being able to be free and explore this new place. I've never been to a place other than the Southern Air Temple. I jumped on the roof. I spread my arms out and twirled in a circle. I grabbed my glider, yes I took it with me, and jumped off the building. It opened and I soared around. I saw a commotion going on in the town center so I headed there. It was Katara! And some old dude? They were fighting. I saw Aang so I floated down. "Hey Aang! What's going on?" I said as I landed. He jumped a little but explained that the old guy was the waterbending teacher, and he refused to teach girls. I gasped. That's so insulting. The fought for a little longer, but soon the guy had a cage of ice around Katara. "I'm not done with you!" she screamed like a crazy person. "Yes, we are done." he said calmly. He started to walk away but picked up Katara's necklace. "Hey that's mine!" she yelled. "No it's mine. I made it." After he explained that he was supposed to be Katara's grandpa, he agreed to train her. I cheered. Everyone was happy now.