Northern Water Tribe (Part 2)

Sora's POV

Its been a few days since we first arrived in the Northern Water Tribe. Aang and Katara are still practicing there waterbending, Sokka is still upset about Yue and me? I've been practicing my air bending mostly. I also hang out with Yue and her dad a lot. It may seem weird but secretly he's a good guy. Katara still hates me and I have no idea why. Sokka won't tell me anything because he's so depressed and Yue says it's because I'm too pretty. I really doubt her theory. I never thought I was that pretty.

"Hey Sora! Were back!" Aang yelled from the ground. Currently I was flying around on my glider. It's where I do my best thinking. I flew down and used my air bending to float upside down in front of them. "Hey guys!" Aang screamed and jumped back and I laughed. "You still scream like a girl." Katara laughed a little but quickly shut her mouth. I still can't figure out what I did.

"How did practice go?" I asked. Aang went into full explanation mode with a few comments from Katara here and there. I laughed when Aang told me about the 'Katara freezing him in a wave' incident. Before he could finish a loud drum was played all through the city. People started to freak out and ran towards the big tent thing in the middle of town. We were all confused so we followed. Yue grabbed me before I could join the others."Yue what's going on?" I asked, still confused about what's going on.

"Fire nation ships are headed towards us at this very moment." She said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I told her what happened when I was captured and she's so kind about it. I tried my best not to panic but I might have hyperventilated a little. She hugged me quickly before dragging me on stage next to her father. She held my hand tightly, and I knew she was about to freak out if I let go. I zoned out for the chiefs speech but I zoned back in at the end. "Sokka, you will be entrusted with the life of my daughter and Sora." My head shot up and I looked at Sokka. His face held determination but his eyes held fear. Everything went out of control after that. I lost everyone in a crowd of people and I somehow ended up in the town square. It was snowing black snow and I started to freak out a little. That's what happened right after Aang left. I stumbled back and tripped but someone caught me."Your still clumsy as ever." It was Aang! I jumped up and hugged him. I let go and he grabbed my hand. Tingles were shot into me but that happened every time so I was used to it. "Common we have to get me into the avatar state." He said as he ran toward Yue, Sokka and Katara. Yue hugged me quickly before opening up a gate. Inside was like heaven. There was a grassy area with plants going across the back. In the middle there was 2 bridges and a pond with 2 koi fish that looks sort of like Ying and Yang. It was so warm too!

"Why is it so warm in here?" Aang asked.

"It is the spiritual center of the world. It is always the perfect temperature for the spirits to live." Yue explained. I nodded but the fish were too distracting for me to get any information in my head. Aang sat down in front of the pond and started meditating. I stood guard in case any fire nation tried to attack. There was a very loud BANG and I turned towards the gate. There was a boy about Sokka's age with a huge scar on his face, right on his left eye. "Hand over the avatar!" he yelled at us. "Over my dead body!" I yelled back. I charged at his and punched him. His hands blasted with fire. He started to punch me but I dodged it easily. He continued close combat, which luckily, was one of my strong points. I haven't even used my air bending yet. I snuck a couple punches and kicks in too. I heard a noise come from behind me. It was Yue! I looked over my shoulder and saw a man standing there fighting Katara. Yue was running, I think to get Sokka. My small distraction gave the guy I was fighting the perfect opportunity. He hit me hard in the stomach, his hand still on fire. I scream in agony and fell over. I looked at my stomach. It was bright red and started to blister. I felt my eyes fill with tears and I clutched onto my stomach. "SORA!" Katara! My stomach was hurting so bad now it felt like I was going to die. Katara froze Scar-the guy I was fighting- in a wave of ice. She kneeled over and pushed her hands on my stomach and I screamed again. It hurt so bad. Soon the sensation was gone and my stomach felt so much better. It felt so much better that I welcomed the darkness.

Zuko's POV (Didn't see that coming eh?)

While that water tribe girl was busy with the brunette I unfroze myself and grabbed the avatar. I ran as fast as I could. I felt bad for what I did but I needed a way out. Kept running for miles until I ran right into a blizzard. I couldn't keep this up any longer. I spotted a cave and I crawled in. Before anything I chained the avatar up. I then quickly started a fire to keep warm. "Where am I? Where's Sora?" Looks like the avatar was up. "Who's Sora?" I asked. It sounded like an interesting name. The avatar looked up at me. "Sora. My best friend. She was with me in the spirit place." Maybe that was the water bender. "What did she look like?" I asked firmly. The avatar sighed and looked at the floor. "She's got chocolate brown hair and the prettiest grey eyes. She was also wearing an outfit like mine." So that's what her name was. Brunette was the one I burned. "You mean the one I burned?" I said out loud. I quickly covered my mouth and walked back to the fire. "WHAT!?!?!" the avatar yelled. I smirked. It was so obvious that he was in love with her. "You're in love with her aren't you?" I looked over my shoulder at him. He was blushing so hard. I smirked. "N-no." he said hesitantly. "Fine if you aren't then how do you know her." I was honestly curious. She wasn't with them at that other water tribe. "She's been my best friend since I was little." What? This would mean that she was 112 years old. Just like the avatar. That also means she's an air bender, and could be valuable to me later. Yes, very valuable. *evil laugh in mind*

"Now tell me what you did to Sora!" the avatar shouted. I flinched at the noise but I was showing no weakness.

"We fought." I said simply.

"TELL ME!!" Now I was starting to get scared.

"I burned her stomach." I said like it was the normalist thing ever. Suddenly a huge blue light came from behind me. I turned around and the avatar was floating, his eyes and tattoos glowing.

"Crud."