Chapter 8: I Got This

Tyler Pov

~~~Saturday Morning~~~

"Woah man let me get this straight." I hear James exclaim from the phone.

Yes ladies and gentlemen. I am just telling James about my date with Sam. Now don’t get me wrong I can trust him with any secret of mine, but I myself had to get things straight before I was going to tell anyone else.

"Yes James. For the 17th time I’m going on a date with Sam tonight." I say getting slightly irritated. This isn’t that much to take in.

"Why are you just telling me about this now!" James yelled at me. Yeah I guess he has the right to be mad.

“I’m sorry man. I guessed it slipped my mind.” Lies. Total lies. Ever since Sam said yes I was feeling a mixture of emotion. Some that I never felt before. But yet again there is no way I’m going to have feelings for this girl. I’m just doing this to prove my point and once I do that’s it with Samantha and on to the next one.

“Pssh, yeah right. So where are you taking her?” James says with a new sudden interest.

“I don’t know.” I say being honest. If it was any other girl I would take her to some diner downtown, but with any other girl I wouldn’t have to try this hard so Sam isn’t any other girl.

“Alright man good luck with that. I got to go Melissa is on the other line”

Melissa is something special to make James hang up with me and start a new conversation with her.

“Bye Mr. Casanova” I say smirking. With that I end the call and start pacing my room.

Where would I take same for our date?

I could take her to the movies? No. I don’t think she would enjoy staring at a movie screen for two hours, and I doubt that there are any good movies out yet.

Picnic at the park? Nope. We are barley even friends. I don’t too weird her out already.

I need expert opinion.

Walking over to Emily’s room I see she’s watching some MTV show. Her eyes not leaving the TV screen she starts talking to me

“What are doing here Tyler? I’m busy right now.” She says annoyed. Well excuse me for wanting help.

The commercial end and I turn to see what Emily was watching.

“Umm, who is he”

“Oh him? That’s my cousin… Miguel”

“Is that blood on his shirt?

“Oh that. He gets really bad nose bleeds. I thought I told you that you can borrow one of my shirts.”

“Uh Stiles. This. No. Fit.”

“Then go try on another one”

“Hmm, what about that one Danny?”

“That’s not really his color”

“Wow. You roll for a different team and you still play the game.”

Chuckling a little bit I turn to my sister who’s full attention was o the guy with the buzz cut. Stiles?

“Emily? What are you watching? Better yet, why are you watching this?” I asked. I doubt this show is even that good.

“Tyler I’m watching Teen Wolf now can you please leave me alone.” Well someone has a attitude. But I know how to bait her into listening to me.