Chapter 16: Bucket List

Waking up Saturday morning wasn't as enjoyable as I hoped it would be. When you think Saturday you think no school, and a solid 24 hours to relax. But for me? Samantha Taylor? Today was nothing but absolute stress.

I know this is just one party. I've been to parties before, but not a party of his standard. The wildest I've gotten was at Danny's Halloween party where I had one too many bottles of fruit punch and well.... the rest is still a blur. But I'm too awkward to be around people who for starters are either insanely athletic, well known in school for interesting things, or people that don't even go to the same school as me. Which brings up another issue I have.

Lucas.

Oh Lord, I'm stressing out about a boy I don't remember meeting. From what I could recall, he didn't seem to talk much and was always on his phone. Then there was the other friend. Taft? I want to say he was the kinder of the three, but I don't know anything about him other than the fact that he has red hair and a lot of freckles.

I've been pacing non-stop in my room for the past 15 minutes. The party was set to start at 6 and I didn't know when exactly I'd be home, and my mother didn't seem to have a problem with the late timing because I'm "Coming out of shell" and meeting new people". Neither of which I really wanted to do, but I don't have much of a choice.

Just thinking about the blunt stares I'm going to get from the people there is enough to make me lock myself in my room and never come out. I can already hear the whispers that will get passed around any room I'll enter.

"Who's she?"

"Is she at the wrong house? "

"How does Tyler even know her?"

Yup. This isn't going to be as fun as I could have ever imagined.

Walking down the stairs, my mind was clouded with the smell of pancakes and eggs. Skipping the last few steps I rush into the kitchen to see my brother already eating and my mom slaving away on the kitchen top.

"Good morning." I pull out a plate and some eating utensils. Nothing is better than warm pancakes and hot eggs.

"Isn't today a big day for you Sam. I mean you're actually going to a party!" My mom exclaimed causing me to choke on my eggs and glare in her direction.

"It's just a party mom." I retorted losing slight intrest in my food. Why is she so excited? It isn't like I don't have any friends...

"Yeah sure. You teenagers never 'just party' nowadays." She got herself a plate and took a sit next to Will and across from me.

I was about to question what it was she was hinting at, but my phone rang startling me.

Are we still good for shopping today? - Gabby

Oh my gosh. I completely forgotten about her request to spend a little time with our little group of friends.

"Hey mom. Is it okay if I go to the mall with a couple of my friends?" I asked.

"By friends do you mean new friends or old friends?" She responded. I rolled my eyes. Why does she think after spending one day with Tyler we are all 'buddy-buddy' and I'm hanging out with his crew.

"I meant Gabby, Ally, and the rest of them."

"I suppose. What time to what time? If your party is 6-11 you might want to spend some time sleeping before then."

I texted Gabby back, asking her what time she wanted us out, and in no time she responded.

12-3 is what we were hoping for. I was going to drive since my car can fit us all. Also I think Ally has work tonight so that's why it's so early.- Gabby