Chapter 10: Waffle House Adventures

*Next Morning*

"Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah. Woah. He tried to do what to you?" Gabby practically yells over the phone.

After waking up the next morning, I knew I had two options. Call Gabby and tell her what happened with my "date" with Tyler or, deal with Gabby on Monday. Knowing Gabby and how impatient she was, I knew it would be best to tell her now. So I proposed a plan and decided to meet with her at Waffle House for an early breakfast and discuss stuff. 

The rain fell torrentially as I drove up into the Waffle House and I see Gabby already sitting inside with another person talking amiably. She never told me she was bringing anybody I thought to myself.

“It’s about time you showed up.” She proclaims as I take a seat next to her in a booth. To my surprise, I see she had brought Danny along with her. 

”You didn’t tell me you were bringing Danny along.” He puts a hand over his heart and gives a look like he’s hurt by my words. “I thought we were friends, Sam.” I grin at him as they urge me to begin discussing about what happened last night. I was just about to tell the part where Tyler came to my house when we heard the door of the entrance.

“Hey, guys.” I look up to see Ally hand to hand with her boyfriend, Joel.  I almost forgot the fact that they worked here on the weekends. In fact, this was even I actually think this is where they first met.  She pulls out two chairs and sits around the table with us. That’s the thing about this Waffle House is that they hardly ever received visitors since it were on the outskirts of town so it was mainly a place of retreat for my friends where we could just be hang out a while.

I start my story all over again since Ally also desperately wished to know what went on last night. They bombarded me with questions leaving little time to collect my thoughts but Joel of course said nothing. It was crazy that Ally and Joel were a couple. Joel was laid back, quiet, and only spoke when he most felt like he needed to. Ally, on the other hand, was the complete opposite; she was outgoing, loud and spontaneous. She always felt the need to put her opinion into everything. Despite the fact, they were such different people; it was obvious to anyone that they truly liked each other just by the mere way they looked at each other. 

“You should be careful.” We look up at the source of the voice. Like I said before, Joel’s not much of a talker so I was surprise he would say anything at all about this topic. He usually ignored me or looked bluntly uninterested in anything I ever said. I never knew why he disliked me so much. I always brought it up to Ally and she just shook her head telling me how I absurd I was to believe such a thing. 

“He’ll only break your heart, and leave you like he does with all of his other exes.” He mutters those last words quietly to himself and we sit there in utter silence. Most likely it was because we all knew it was true. But, I didn’t like Tyler anyway. He was simply a no good trouble maker but hearing those words from Joel opened up the realization that I couldn’t interfere with a guy like Tyler. Anyways, it wasn't like Tyler would actually care for someone other than himself. Joel glances up to me again with his cold, deep sapphire eyes and I see the seriousness in them. He meant what he said. 

“So um, guys.” Danny clears his throat to break the awkward silence. “Who's excited for the Spring Formal?” I shudder at the thought and remember how I would be forced to go with Tyler. Which is probably the reason Joel is acting out.

“Of course. It’s a masquerade.” Ally says smiling warmly at Joel and he smiled back like the moments of our previous conversation never happened. Bi-polar much? Danny glances over at Gabby and they stare at each before glancing away. I never understood why they continued to hide their true feelings for each other when day by day it grew more obvious.