Starlight

A//N

After a traumatic episode in my life called, 'I Can't Do Maths For Sh*t', I decided some fluff was in order. It includes sassy Remus, and sassy Remus is life.

( ^ Waricka art again. It's too pretty to pass up.)

A//N

"Hey, Moony?"

Remus groaned,

"Whatever it is, I don't wanna..."

He heard Sirius exhale.

"I know it's the night after the full moon and all, but, you have to see this."

Remus opened a wary eye,

"Is it extremely dangerous or in any way detrimental to my fragile health?"

Sirius tapped the bedpost,

"Nope, safe as can be," he smiled, "You'll need a jacket though, it's cold out."

Remus sighed and struggled to sit up. Sirius congratulated himself internally and helped Remus to his feet - knowing he'd won.

Once Remus was dressed, they headed for the portrait hole. Since Remus was still stiff and sore, Sirius helped him up and through the exit. 

The Fat Lady asked no questions - she was used to their night time wanderings by now. 

She just waved them through and gave them a slightly tipsy smile - she'd probably drunk all of the wine in the Monk painting by now and was completely hammered - but it was a nice gesture nonetheless.

As they were walking down the corridors, Sirius noticed that Remus was limping slightly, so he slowed his pace.

Remus have him a grateful smile and wrapped his arms around Sirius' even tighter.

"So what was it you wanted to show me, O Tour Guide of the Enigmatic Smile?" He said dryly.

Sirius stifled a chuckle. Remus got really sarcastic after the full moon. 

"You'll just have to wait and see, Moony, it's a surprise."

"Oh, alright then," murmured Remus half heartedly and laid his head on Sirius' shoulder.

....

In the shadow of the castle, the sky looked like a giant had spilled a bottle of indigo ink all over the horizon. The air nipped at any exposed skin, but it was actually quite pleasant after the permanent heat of the Gryffindor Common Room.

They kept walking for about ten minutes, until they came to a clearing in the forest. 

"This is it. Sit down, love." Sirius gestured toward a log.

Remus sat down, he felt Sirius sit beside him and put an arm around his shoulders.

When Remus looked confused, Sirius simply whispered,

"Look up."

Remus did.

There was a sharp intake of breath.

"It's beautiful..."

The Northern Lights shimmered and danced in the inky sky above them. The colours were like nothing else...

Remus turned to look at Sirius, but found him already gazing at him, starlight in his eyes.

Sirius took Remus' hand gently.

"But not as beautiful as you."

He then leaned in to kiss Remus, who happily obliged, a warm feeling igniting in his stomach.

When they pulled away, Remus could do nothing but stare at Sirius and say,

"You smooth b*stard, you smooth, smooth b*stard."

Sirius only winked and pulled him into a hug.