Clingy

AmyBarbour

A//N

Protective!Sirius modern AU for an IRL bestie! Sorry it took so long Amy!

A//N

The music of the club pounded loud in Sirius' ears. He raked his hand through his hair and tried to escape from the girl who was drunkenly trying to chat him up. She was obviously too hammered to realise that he wasn't into girls - just guys.

Well, more specifically, guys named Remus Lupin.

He made his way across the dance floor, scanning the packed room for his rather inconspicuous boyfriend.

Sirius spotted Remus' curly blonde hair at the bar, head and shoulders above most everyone else in the night club. As Sirius drew closer, he realised that some sleazy creep was trying to talk to his boyfriend.

Overcome with jealousy, Sirius did the first thing any sane - if slightly tipsy - person would do, and hid behind a nearby pot plant.

Remus looked slightly uncomfortable as the guy was making his move, but he was too innocent to realise just what the guy was hinting at.

Peering through the plasticy leaves of the pot plant, Sirius saw the shorter dude reach out and touch Remus' arm, lingering there for a little longer than Sirius would like. 

Sirius angrily sipped his beer and kept watching.

Remus' eyes widened at the contact and chuckled awkwardly, too much of a pushover to reject him. The dude was obviously drunk and looking to hook up with someone - and that someone just so happened to be strictly OFF LIMITS.

The Creep's hand was beginning to move up Remus' arm and Sirius decided it was time to intervene.

He necked the last of his beer, slamming the cup down on the table. It was time to become The Clingy Boyfriend.

He got up from his leafy hiding place and walked purposefully over to Remus and the Creep.

He pushed past the Creep and grabbed Remus' shoulders, pulling him down for a kiss. When he came up for air, he tucked himself into Remus' side, pressing close and holding his arm.

"Hey, babe!" He shouted over the music, "Who's this?"

He took a look at the slightly discouraged Creep and exaggerated a pout.

"Should I be worried, love?"

Remus looked extremely relieved at the sudden appearance of Sirius. He planted a kiss on the top of Sirius' head.

"No, Sirius, he's got nothing on you."

Sirius gave the disgruntled looking Creep a smug smile and wrapped his arms around Remus' waist.

"Should we go, babe?" Asked Sirius innocently, smiling up at Remus.

Remus relaxed in his presence and nodded,

"Yeah, let's go."

They turned around and left the club.

....

In the light of the street lamps, Remus turned to Sirius.

"Thanks for saving me back there, that guy was such a perv."

Sirius took Remus' hand and grinned.

"No problem, Moony, the Clingy Boyfriend tactic ALWAYS works."

They began to walk down the street, hand in hand.

"I'm glad it does - otherwise I would be in a terrible situation at the moment."

Sirius smiled.

"It's what I'm here for, to help you out. I couldn't stand losing you to some random creep in a club."

"Aw, you do care!"

"More than you know," he whispered, resting his head on Remus' shoulder, "More than you know."