Chapter Eleven

Naomi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to a loud noise outside of Kale's room. I looked at the clock and it was three am. I looked over and Kale was still asleep next to me with his hand on my thigh. I shook him a few times.
" Kale, Kale hey wake up ," I whispered.
" Hmmhmmm what's wrong," he mumbled tiredly .
" I heard a loud crash from down stairs ," I said. He immediately opened his eyes and looked around his room. He went over to his dresser and pulled out a gun. My eyes widened in fear. He must have saw because his expression softened and came over to me and hugged me. I have never seen Kale this way ever.
" Hey it'll be fine okay I'll explain why I have a gun later, but stay here and don't leave the room ," he said. He walked out of the room slowly . I got up and got on some clothes. I put on one of his shirts and a pair of his sweatpants. I was getting back into bed when I heard a gun shot and then another. On instinct I ran out of the room while calling the rest of the boys. I quietly went downstairs and saw Kale pinned against the wall by two guys while one had a gun pointed at his head. I had already texted the boys what was going on and they were on their way. I saw Kale's gun and was going to go towards it. As soon as I went to get it I caught the attention of Kale. He looked at and mouthed 'run'. As I was about to run the guy with the gun turned around and ran after me. I ran upstairs with him hot on my heels. I ran into Kale's room and shut the door. Before I could get it shut he stuck his foot in and stopped me.  He opened the door and pushed me against a bed post. I screamed in pain when it made contact with my ribs. He laughed and that made me look up to see who the gun man was. It was Matt. Of all people it could have been it had to be Matt. He has always had anger issues but not as bad as Kale's.
" Well well well, look who we have hear," he said with a smirk. I ignored him and looked away. He gripped my chin and made me look at him.
" Well I guess the little whore doesn't want to talk," he spat.
" Fuck you I'm not the whore here," I spat venomously in his face. The next thing I know he slaps me causing another scream to echo through the house. He grabbed me by my hair and started pushing me down the hallway. We reached the stairs and he threw me down. I landed on the hard floor at the bottom. I whimpered in pain.
" WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HER," he yelled. He was struggling to get out of the men's grip. I looked out the window and saw Drew's car pulling up to my house without the headlights on . I looked away so they wouldn't get caught.
" So Kale I see you must really like Naomi ," he said. He dropped his head and said nothing. Matt came over to me and kicked me in the stomach. I screamed and laid there shaking from pain. Matt was about to kick me again when Drew, Jake, and Ashton tackled the guys holding Kale . Kale knocked out the two guys holding him then let the boys handle Matt. Kale ran towards me and picked me up. I whimpered and dug my nails into his shoulder. He carried me out the door to his car while Drew and them tied the guys up and took them to Drew's car. I started to get tired. The pain in my stomach and ribs was becoming to much to handle .
" Naomi , keep your eyes open okay," he said.  I nodded but was having a hard time trying not to fall asleep. He would shake me every few minutes to make me keep my eyes open. When we arrived at the hospital he made me stand up while he helped me walk. He made sure I kept my eyes open. When we got to the entrance doctors ran towards me. I heard their voices but they were just mumbles. My vision became blurry so all I could see were blurry figures running around me. Not long after that my vision started to get darker and darker. The last thing I heard before I blacked out was Kale yelling my name and telling me to keep my eyes open.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kale's POV

I was walking to the emergency room doors with Naomi trying to keep her eyes open. But as soon as we got to the entrance she slumped against me in my arms.
" Naomi , keep your eyes open,"I yelled. I began to gently shake her hoping she would keep her eyes open.
" Sir, we need to you to movie off to the side," she said.
" No I can't ," I raised my voice.
" Sir move to the side or I will have you escorted out of the hospital," she said. This time I got up and moved. I went to the waiting room while they took her into surgery. I texted the guys letting them know what was going on . They said that they would be there as soon as possible. I sat there in the waiting room just thinking. I know it's my fault she's in the condition she is in. It's my fault cause I knocked Matt out at that party while he was taking Naomi upstairs. I got jealous and I couldn't control my rage.  Noah's house is also in my rival gangs territory. I should have known better than to do something so stupid. I felt tears roll down my cheeks. I haven't cried over anybody in a long time. I just couldn't take it anymore. After today I wasn't going to go near Naomi or her friends. I needed to stay away to protect her. The guys walked into the waiting room and looked at me. They saw my tear stained face. They all came over and sat down. We sat in silence.
" It's not your fault ," Jake said.
" Yes it is. I know it is," I said with my head in my hands.
" Bro it isn't your fault so stop blaming," Drew said. Before I had time to speak up Aston beat me to it.
" Matt is the reason she is like this not you so stop beating yourself up over this," he said.
" IT IS MY FAULT BECAUSE IM THE ONE EHO DRAGGED HER INTO ALL THIS BULLSHIT JUST BY BEING AROUND HER. THEY FIGURED OUT THAT I LOVE HER AND THAT'S WHY THEY WENT AFTER HER," I yelled. It wasn't till a few seconds later that I realized that I said I loved her.  Next thing o knew I ran out of the waiting room and got into my car. I started it and drove off. I didn't know where I was going but I knew for sure I was leaving town for a long while.