Chapter Sixteen

Naomi
~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up in my room all day watching Netflix and eating snacks. Nina was supposed to be coming over soon, so I got up and started gathering the food I wasn't eating anymore. I opened my bedroom door and walked into the kitchen putting everything away. I heard the door open then close. I'm assuming Nina just got here. I walked out of the kitchen to the living room to see Matt sitting on the couch. I froze. He looked up and saw me. He got up and smiled at me. I began to back up as he started coming towards me.
" What's up Naomi. Haven't seen you in a while," he said.
I turned around and ran upstairs into my room locking my door . I got my phone out and went into my bathroom. I dialed Ashton's number but he didn't pick up. I tried Caleb, Jake, and Drew and still no answer. I heard Matt coming into my room. I dialed Kales number. It rung twice before he picked up.
" Hey Naomi," he said.
" OPEN THE GOD DAMN DOOR NAOMI," Matt yelled.
" Naomi what the hell is going on," he said.
" Matt's here at my house . No one is answering their phones. He's trying to hurt me,"  I sobbed into the phone.
" Hold on, I'm on my way," he said, " I'm going to try and call the guys . I promise I'll be there soon." He hung up the phone just as Matt started beating on my bathroom door.
" OPEN THE DOOR BEFORE I BREAK THIS ONE DOWN TO," Matt screamed. I saw the bathroom closet and went into it. It locked from the inside since the people who built it put the knob on wrong. I quickly opened the window before getting into the closet hoping that if he got in and didn't see me he'd think I climbed out. I locked the closet door once I was inside. I hurried up and texted Nina not to come over . I just sat there listening to him beat on the bathroom door. To say he pissed was an understatement. I could already tell that if he got a hold of me it wouldn't be good. I heard the bathroom door break . My heart rate picked up as I heard him beginning to search my bathroom. I held my breath afraid that if I breathed he would find me. I heard my bathroom mirror shatter after I'm assuming he punched it. He started walking around again and then stopped in front of the closet door. I knew this because I could see the shadow from his feet. He tried to open the closet door but couldn't . He began to jiggle the knob and banging on the door.
" NAOMI I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE," he yelled through the door. I got out my phone as quickly as I could to text Kale.

Me: Kale where are you he's going to get me .

Kale: We are right outside . I'm coming into the bathroom now.

I heard Kale enter the bathroom and grunting followed. I assumed Kale was beating the shit out of Matt because there was a lot of yelling grunting. Everything got quiet so I opened the door and looked out into the bathroom. Kale was sitting next to an knocked out Matt breathing heavily. I came out of the closet and went over to him. I sat down in front of him and wrapped my arms around him . He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face into my chest.
" I'm so sorry you have gotten involved in this Naomi," he said .
" You never meant to and that's all that matters," I said.
" I'm sorry I couldn't get here faster I was in town getting food," he said.
" At least you came and I'm thankful for that," I said softly.
" Your brother wants you to stay with me for the time being ," he said, " I understand if you don't want to . I've been a dick to you."
" I'll stay with you cause I haven't exactly been the nicest person to you either," I said, " I also know why you weren't at the hospital either."
He looked up at me and then looked behind me . I turned around to see the boys and Caleb standing there smirking at Kale. Kale picked me up and walked me to my bed.
" Wait here for a second," he said, " YOU MOTHERFUCKERS,"
The boys ran out of the room as fast as they could with Kale hot on their heels.
" NAOMI HELP ME I'M YOUR FAVORITE," Ashton yelled from downstairs. I laughed then got out of bed. I ran down the stairs and tackled Kale off of Ashton and straddled him. I began to kiss him. The boys gathered in the room so I got up off of Kale leaving him dazed.
" RUN AND HIDE ," I yelled then ran. The boys followed after me upstairs. We split up into different spots. I heard Kale run up the stairs and start opening doors. I heard a scream that I'm assuming came from Ashton. I heard Kale laugh in victory. Then I heard the door to the guest room open. I looked and saw Kale walking in the room. I held my breath since I was hiding under the bed. Thankfully the blanket covered the edges of the bed . Kale stopped in behind me and lifted the blanket. I screamed and he grabbed my feet dragging me out from underneath the bed. I got out of his grip and ran as fast as I could down the stairs. I went into the back yard with Kale running after me. He caught up with me through me into the pool, but before he could get me into the water I pulled him in with me. We came back up and I laughed at the look on Kales face. Next thing I know I'm being splashed by the rest of the boys except for Jake , who took Matt God knows where, jumping into the water with me and Kale. We swam and joked for the rest of the night.