Chapter 26 (Final)

this is like the end.

emily

I sat on the couch and looked at the TV curiously. I wonder what Alison and I were gonna watch, she seemed so excited when she told me we were going to watch something.

It has been 2 months. We have been dating for 2 months. I haven't made it official yet because I just figured out that I didn't like labels. It doesn't matter if we're official though. She's mine and I'm her's and that's what matters, right?

My thoughts were interrupted when Alison entered the living room with a huge smile on her face. She was holding the camera that we bought for our project. Were we going to watch the video? The one I recorded?

"Hey, Ali," I called out as soon as she bent down and connected the camera to the TV.

"Hmm.." She hummed, turned around as she looked at me, her eyebrow raising in questioning manner.

"Nevermind..." I said. We'll just see what we're going to watch. Alison stood up and sat next to me. I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and she grinned up to me. Then the video started playing,

"Hello, my name is Emily... I'm in Alison's livingroom! Guess who Alison is in my life--ey, Alison stop watching, I want to tell you this myself!... She's the girl that I love. Emily winks at the camera. I love her so damn much. I hope nothing comes in between our friendship... Or relationship... Who may know. I wish I could watch this video with you (alison) cuddled in my arms. We might laugh at how cheesy I was and how desperate I am... But I can't help it... I love you."

Alison started laughing and her eyes rolled to the back of her head and I pouted. I can't believe she's laughing! I was serious.

"Ali, babe, stop laughing!" I exclaimed. She laughed hysterically now and she kept saying she couldn't breathe so I leaned in and kissed her lips, which stopped her laughter.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and she was about to kiss me but I pulled away and chuckled,

"No, Ali."

Alison pouted and she unwrapped her arms around my neck.

"You fucking tease!" She whined and it was my turn to laugh. She wasn't saying anything, I didn't hear anything from her. I opened my eyes and she was frowning. I reached up and caressed her face,

"What's wrong, baby girl?" I asked, rubbing her back with my other hand comfortingly. She seemed to be in a deep thought which she rarely does. She's always talking and stuff but she wouldn't be talking that much when something's bothering her.

"Ali," I called out one more time. Alison snapped her head to my direction and I saw a tear run down to her cheek. I wiped the tear off, still confused of why she was crying, then she spoke up,

"Emily, I remember you," Alison said, which confused me even more. What did she mean by that? Of course she remembers me, we've been friends for a long time... Since we were 13, maybe. But she doesn't know that, "I remember you when we were thirteen."

My eyes widened and I wondered; how? Didn't something happen to her head when Skylar hit her and it made her lose her memory? Was that temporary then?

"I remember you!" She exclaimed then placed her palm on my cheek, "You were my first love, Emily!"

She leaned in and pulled me into a gentle passionate kiss. I smiled into the kiss, causing the both of us to pull away. Alison smiled shyly to me and looked blankly to the TV, millions of thoughts were probably running in her mind right now.

"You know what they say," Alison suddenly said, making me snap my head towards her but she was still looking at the TV, she wasn't looking at me, "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be."

I smiled at her words. She turned her head a little, enough for our gaze to meet, and her eyes sparkled in adoration as she looked into my soul,

"For me, that something was you. I let you go... But fate led us to each other again and now here we are.." She gestured to our intertwined hands and tangled legs and chuckled, "We were totally meant to be," She then winked and I laughed,

"God, you're so funny."

-

"So, you remember?" Skylar questioned as she sat down in front of us with a cup of tea on her hand. Whenever I looked at her in the eyes, I would remember what she did to me. The time when she almost forced me into doing it and how she talked bitterly about Alison back in the alleyway.

Alison slowly nodded her head and I saw her frown. Skylar took Alison's hand and gently squeezed it,

"Alison, I am very very sorry for what I did to you. That was very immature! But I planned this," We looked at her questioningly but she continued, "I planned to force myself on Emily and I knew that Emily was going to reject me. I knew that Emily was going to go in the alleyway so I put Alison there so Emily would see her,"

"I couldn't imagine Alison dating someone other than you, Emily. The first time I saw you, I was mesmerized but all I thought about was Alison and her future," Skylar took both of my hands and my eyes flickered down to then as she spoke to me, "I wanted Alison to have someone like you. I didn't want Alison to get in the wrong hands."

I looked up and Alison and I's gaze met immediately and suddenly it felt like we were the only one's in the room,

I wanted Alison to have someone like you.

Skylar's voice echoed in my head. I snapped back to reality and looked at Skylar.

I interrupted whatever she was saying and said, "Don't worry, Sunshine (my old nickname for her). I will take care of your cousin, I promise."

7 years later..

I knelt down on one knee at took Alison's hand, gently placing a kiss on the back of her hand. I smiled at her as I saw the tears streaming down her face, it was tears of joy.

"Alison, will you do the honor and marry me?"

As soon as those words left my mouth, Alison placed both her hands on my cheeks and cupped them. She pulled me into a gentle passionate kiss. I smiled into the kiss and we both pulled away, our foreheads still resting against each other.

"Shall I take that as a ye–" I attempted to joke but Alison's excitement was too much that she interrupted me,

"Yes, Emily Fields, I will marry you and it'll be my honor to become Mrs. Fields."

She pulled me into a kiss again but this time it was longer.

My hands were on her hips and her arms were wrapped around my neck. Our lips were locked as we swayed to the beat of the song that was playing on the background.

This very place where I asked her to marry me was the same place we first said our I love you's. In the woods. I am planning to build a house here so that Alison and I could live her along with our future Emison babies.

-

boom.

the end.

haha , I felt like the last one was boring so....