Chapter #9

Chapter #9: Daniel and The Anonymous Text Message

Picture of Daniel on the right >

***

I woke up feeling extra cozy and very comfortable. I opened my tightly shut eyes and looked around at my surroundings which I didn't recognize, whatsoever. My heart jolted.

"Mom!" I shouted, feeling my chest throb. "Dad!"

"Peyton, shhh I'm here." a soft voice spoke to me. I looked up to see Evan sitting cross legged by my side on the bed.

"Where am I?" I groaned, propping myself up onto my elbows. I later realized how pathetic my question was. I knew exactly where I was.

"You're at my place. You fainted yesterday. You slept like a baby all night, I thought you died... God, Peyton you got me so fucking scared." Evan chuckled.

"You thought I died?" I snorted, causing my head to pound. "Idiot... Why am I here?" I choked, sitting up in the extremely comfortable bed. Realizing how cold I had gotten, I fell back into the bed and pull the soft blue covers back over my face, snuggling into the blankets. I hear Evan laugh quietly.

"Am I at a hospital? Cause this bed is so comfy." I stroked the sheets with my frail fingers.

"Peyton, you're in my bed." Evan chuckled.

I immediately shot up. "What?! No! Why am I in your bed?"

A few days in New York and I'm already in a guys bed...

I looked down to see I was wearing really baggy sweatpants and an over sized hoody.

"What have you done Evan?! You undressed me?!" I shouted, trying to hide the smile that was tugging at my lips. I felt like such a scum bag for wanting to smile.

"I got you into some comfortable clothes. The other clothes you were wearing looked tight and itchy so you can borrow mine," Evan smirked. "Not that you have a choice or anything."

"Ugh, was I wearing underwear at least?" I turned red, almost slapping my forehead at the stupidity of my question.

"Thong to be specific." Evan smirked, licking his lips like he always did, making them wet and soft.

"EVAN!" I screamed, turning as red as a tomato. And then it hit me.

"DANIEL!" I screamed, remembering that he was going to be visiting today.

"W-what?"

"What time is it?" I shouted, panicking in the bed.

"It's 11:30am." Evan said as he got off the bed.

"Oh my god, oh my god. Shit! Fuck!" I cursed, rubbing my temples, absentmindely touching the bed and pulling at the blankets.

"Who's Daniel?" Evan raised his eyebrow. "Is he the guy who you said was coming over today?"

"Yes. Do you mind if I give him your address so he could pick me up from here?" I asked, hoping he'd be fine with it.

"Whatever." Evan scoffed, going to the other side of his room and sitting on the couch. I got up, and my hand started throbbing in pain. I then remembered what had happened yesterday; my anxiety attack. I sighed and pushed away the thoughts as I stood up stretching. I quickly tossed a text to Daniel and he said he'd be here in 10 minutes. He replied quickly.

He was expecting my text.

I walked over to where Evan lay and sat next to him on the two-person couch. I wanted to turn around and look at him, thank him, but I felt ashamed. Shy. Embarrassed; things I had never really felt before.