Chapter #23

Chapter #23: I Found the Bad Boy's Weak Spot

***

Do you ever hug someone so tight that when they let you go, you just want to scream and tell them to keep hugging you? Their hug is so warm that you feel safe in their reach, their hug so tight that you feel that no one can hurt you. That's how I felt right now, as Evan hugged me tightly, a small tear running down my cheek. I'm happy- I feel like I've been waiting forever to admit to myself that I really liked Evan.

Really, really liked Evan.

"So you're my girlfriend," he broke the silence, awkwardly chuckling.

"Finally," I giggled but then coughed harshly; my voice was very hoarse.

"So uh... Why'd you do it?" Evan spoke quietly as he rested his elbows onto the edge of the hospital bed.

His hair was very messy but his eyes were so bright and warm. His tan skin looked even more perfect to me and I could see his toned arms from underneath the baggy black Football Academy sweater. I was bound to steal it one day- only because it smelled so good.

I blinked once, then twice, staring into the eyes of Evan. He was quiet and so was I. We just sat there, staring at each other before I finally found my voice to speak.

"I don't know... I just wasn't in the right state of mind."

Evan chuckled, biting his lip gently, "Right."

I noticed the small goosebumps on his hands and arms and smiled lightly, before patting the bed and locking my eyes with his.

"Let's just not talk about this. Come here, Evan." I smiled.

Evan licked his lips and I just wanted to giggle loudly because my body went crazy. He looked at me before giving me a teasing smile. He stood up and yawned, raising his arms in which his sweater rose up and I almost made a squeak at how perfectly sculpted his abs were. I mentally scolded myself, trying to keep the same expression on my face as he raised his leg over the bar and plopped down next to me. I sighed in content as I felt his  warm boy cuddle next to mine and I almost melted when I felt his arms wrap around my aching body; successfully spooning me and making me warm.

The feeling of having him next to me was more than amazing and even when my body ached, his tight grip made me feel safe- like it always had.

"You look so tacky in this hospital gown," Evan's deep voice echoed through my ear, sending tingles down my spine.

His hot breath fanned my face before I let out a stifled laugh and jerked my neck around to find my face very close to Evan's. His face was tucked into the crook of my neck comfortably. I raised my eyebrow.

"Let's not start with the snotty comments!" I chuckled, my voice cracking.

I turned back around and looked out the big window and out into the high buildings and shiny lights. After a small moment of silence and Evan's breath fanning my face; giving me warmth, he finally spoke up.

"You're so cute, Pey."

My heart clenched at the nickname Evan had used. The nickname Daniel and Melody always called me by and my eyes welled up with tears as the thought of my best friends flooded my mind. I haven't seen them in months. They haven't called me or even tried to speak to me. My best friend of 6 years- Melody- hasn't even tried to keep in contact with me. But I can't blame her- I haven't tried either. We drifted apart like I knew we would. I knew that eventually we wouldn't be keeping up with eachother like we always had. I turned my body around completely so that I was now facing Evan. His arms stayed around my torso and I tucked my head into his chest, inhaling his manly scent.