Chapter #19

Chapter #19: "You Don't Know Me"

***

"Pey, wake up!"

"Peyton!"

"Peyton we have to go into the nurse's office now!"

I felt a hard flick on my forehead and I shot up but my eyes went dizzy and I accidentally rolled off the squishy thing I was sitting on... the couch. I felt my warm body collide with the hard tiles and a burst of laughter erupted in my ear drums. My eyes were awkwardly blurry so I pushed myself up, looking towards Evan who was holding a fist to his mouth, trying to hold back his obvious laughter. I propped myself up on my elbows and scowled.

"Owww! Don't laugh at me!" I groaned.

"Peyton! Why are you such a klutz!" Evan chuckled, his facial expression looking rather amused.

"You make it sound like I can control it! Why would you wake me up? And why are you watching me die here on the floor? A little help would be fan-fucking-tastic!" I retorted.

"Shh! That's rude, considering there are actually people here dying!" Evan glared as he held his hand out.

I furrowed my eyebrows up in confusion as I grasped onto his large warm hand and attempted to use his help to stand up, but accidentally went flying forward into his chest. A curse escaped Evan's lips rather loudly and our chests collided- my bruises heavily impacted by the chest bump- and Evan fell bum first onto the white couch, the white cushion making an irritating crunch sound under our weight.

"God Peyton!" Evan shouted as I flopped right on top of him, my face inches away from his.

"Why are you in such a pissy mood?!" I groaned, letting my forehead rest on his chest. My body still felt sore and Evan felt extra comfy right now.

"We're in a hospital! In the waiting room! Everyone's staring at us! Now will you get off of me?" Evan whisper-yelled.

Ohhh yeah.

Deciding to become a tease, I stroked Evan's chest up and down with my index finger. What was I doing? I had no idea, but I went with the flow. "But I thought you liked this position? I mean, I love being in control, you know that Evan?"

Evan's eyes locked with mine and his breathing became jagged. He licked his lips- slowly- temptingly- and after few seconds, grabbed onto my wrists and tugged them upwards, pushing me onto my feet. "Not here, not now Peyton."

"Wow, okay mom." I laughed, dusting off the 'dust' on my hoody.

"Are you on your period?!" Evan grunted, cracking his back and stretching his arms out.

"I am not!" I whisper yelled.

"Well you're being annoying one second and giggly the next!"

"Well calm down there, pissy pants!" I retorted, glaring at him.

Evan stared at me. It looked like he  was in deep thought so I stared back challenging-ly. One of his eyebrows raised as he noticed my change of attitude- and change of stance. I now stood with one leg out, arms crossed, hip out and a sly smirk on my face. Within the blink of an eye, he took two steps toawrds me and slammed his body against mine, effectively pushing my sore body onto the white brick walls of the waiting room walls.

"Oh baby. You slept on me for 7 hours and you wouldn't budge. You made me numb. Everywhere. So I have the complete right to be 'pissy pants'." he smirked slyly, his arms held above my head, completely locking me between himself and the wall.