Chapter #10

Chapter #10: Fights In The Park = Questionable

Peyton's outfit on the right >

***

I re-read the anonymous text message I had received a few minutes back, my face stone like.

Unknown: I didn't know you were into guys like him.

I sighed and began texting the anonymous number back.

P.Hills: Who is this?

Unknown: Evan ;)

I sighed inwardly. I should've known it was him. For some reason, I knew it'd be him, at the back of my mind. I added him quickly into my contacts before responding- still quite curious as to how he managed to get a hold of my number.

P.Hills: Of course it's you.. i should've known. and i know you're talking about daniel. he's just my best friend from my old school.

A few minutes later, I got a response, completely out of the blue.

Evan: Are you gonna tell me what happened at the doctor's office?

The question was really blunt, and caught me off guard. I thought he'd never mention it, but I guess he did. I wasn't up for telling him what had happened, and not anytime soon either.

P.Hills: No.

Evan: Why not?

P.Hills: Because it's not your business.

I chucked my phone into my purse, ignoring the text messages I kept receiving. I became sweaty, knowing that he's constantly wanting to get into my business. I understood his genuine curiousity, but it wasn't just something I could talk about. Especially not over text. I got up from my chair and I tossed out my Booster Juice smoothie, that was now empty. I walked out, heading for the park I told Daniel to meet me at, hoping to God that he hadn't forgotten.

***

I could see the park across the street so I picked up my pace so that I'd be there a couple minutes earlier. The music from my ear-buds blasted through my ear-drums and I hummed along to the song 'Drunk' by Ed Sheeran. My mind was elsewhere, in a complete little bubble of my own. I wasn't really paying attention to my surroundings, but only to my music.

Without notice, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I jolted in my spot- completely caught off guard. I let out a little awkward glance and turned around quickly, my chest falling when I realized it was Evan. I didn't feel annoyed by his presence this time and I wondered why mentally.

Music usually put me in my best state of mind and relaxed me, so when he flashed a boyish grin and invited himself to walk along with me, I simply shrugged.

"My house is just behind the park," Evan says casually, shoving his hands into his jeans pockets.

"Mine's around the corner."

Evan nodded in interest. "So what're you up to, walking the streets of New York all alone?" he chuckled, poking his shoulder into mine.

I didn't look at him, but only kept walking. "Just heading to the park, to meet Daniel."

Evan slowed down his pace, a sarcastic chuckle slipping through his mouth.

"He just got here and he already left you to hang with his friends, what a gentleman, huh?" he snorted.

I rolled my eyes, looking up at Evan. "He had some friends he wanted to visit okay. He's also seeing if there are any parties around tonight."

"Mm. I know Jake is throwing one tonight. He's my friend. You should come."