Chapter 4

[Not edited]

~ Perrie's Pov ~

Tears blurred my eyes as Lauren took my hand guiding me back towards the exit we'd entered through. I felt pathetic for crying but it had been a long day and to top it off Jade had rejected me or had I rejected her I wasn't really sure. It felt like such a mess now that I could only be certain of one thing I was done with it all.

The floor of the club was packed so tightly that I barely managed to push through the sweaty crowd. My eyes flashed up past the flaming murals on the wall and the dancers surrounding me to the giant mirror that lined above the dance area. Was Jade watching me? Did she even care?

The thought was enough to spur me forward until I forced my way out of the crowd. As a bouncer opened the door for me to exit, I realised that it really didn't matter if Jade was watching.

When I managed to get outside all I could see was reporters everywhere.

"Miss Edwards! smile love!"

"Miss Edwards how long have you been involved with the princess?"

"Miss Edwards is it true that the Queen has condemned your relationship?"

"Perrie! Are you secretly married to Princess Jade?"

It was all like a game, from one silly picture they had managed to spin an entire love affair. Stopping in front of the crowd and pushing my shoulders back in effort to look serious I dressed the crowd.

"I'm sorry to inform you that I have no relationship with princess Jade, someone has made a mistake." The words rushed out of me even as I tried to stay calm and collected. I fought against the crowd pushing past one group only to have another wave surge on top of me drowning me until I couldn't breathe, with each passing second I grew more terrified, more desperate until I tripped over someone's legs.

"Enough!" someone yells over the crowd, I lifted my eyes up to see who had called out.

Jade stood a few feet away, her face filling with rage. She walked over to me and dropped down and put her soft hands against my cheeks.

"Are you okay Perrie?" She asked quietly.

I managed a nod, Behind me a few girls with camera's had started filming again.

Jade took my hand and helped me to my feet but then the questions started again.

"Jade! is that your girlfriend?"

"Jade! is it true that your mother doesn't approve of your relationship with a commoner?"

I winced at that one at that one, True i wasn't royalty but it felt a bit hypocritical to call me out as a commoner. Ignoring the reporters Jade glanced down at me, concern shining through her eyes. She shifted closer placing her hand on the small of my back, Jade's touch steadied my nerves and warmth spread through my body from the spot where her hand rested possessively.

Lauren overtook us, rushing to the car to open the door even as the crowd followed us. Jade's hand dropped away as we entered the backseat, as the cameras clicked outside the tinted windows my eyes found the ground until Jade put her arms around me pulling me close, encouraging me to bury my face in her shoulder. I inhaled the indescribable scent of her. It sank into me until the world around us faded away and I relaxed in her embrace.

--------------------------------

We rode silently through the crowds back to my flat as I tried to keep it together, I wouldn't cry in front of Jade. I wouldn't show her my weaknesses I didn't want her to see me as vulnerable.