Chapter 11

(Not Edited)

~Perrie's Pov ~

"What are you doing here?" I hissed under my breath. Crossing my arms across my chest, I did my best to look unhappy to see her. Inside I was anything but. God, she looked sexy. Her hair disheveled, although I noticed that Jade had circles under her eyes like she hadn't been sleeping. Most likely she'd spent the last few days partying. Jade was dressed casually in a crop top and sweatpants that hung off her hips like an invitation (picture above). My thoughts flickered to memories of us in bed and I caught my breath, hoping to calm my racing nerves, so she wouldn't see her effect on me.
"You've had long enough. I need to talk to you." She stepped forward and took my arm in a gentle but assertive hold, leading me toward the building's lift.
Was she fucking serious? I'd had long enough?
"Couldn't you text me?" I asked with a sarcastic note to my voice.
"I guess you saw that too." Jade dropped her hold on me as we entered the elevator, but as soon as the doors slid shut behind us, she pinned me against the wall.
"Jade!"

"Why haven't you answered my texts?"

"The whole world can read that you want to go down on me on a gossip site and you're worried about that?" I didn't bother to hide my disbelief, because I was too busy focusing on keeping my body in check, even as it rebelled against me. It was all I could do not to arch into her embrace and kiss her. I wanted to brush away the fear I saw in her eyes and tell her everything would be okay. But it was as much a lie as my pretending I didn't want her here with me.
"I don't give a damn what they can read!" Jade exploded, pushing off the wall and clenching her hands into fists. "Why do you care what they think, Perrie?"
"Me?" I touched my chest for emphasis. "You were the one who wanted to meet me in secret at a fucking hotel!"
Jade stared at me a moment, wheels turning in her head. "I did that to protect you. You were scared of the paparazzi."
"They were reporting we were in a relationship," I reminded her. "And I didn't know who you were at the time."
"We are in a relationship," she said.
My mouth fell open. I was torn between the bubbly, bouncy feeling of joy this produced in me and total confusion. Never mind that I'd called things off between us, things had never really gotten started. "We broke things off."
"You were overwhelmed and I gave you space, but did you think I would allow you to end things like that?" She asked. "I made it clear that I hadn't had my fill of you."
"But you didn't want to be seen with me," I argued. "You can't pick and choose when to be in a relationship!" I knew it was more complicated than that. I only wished it were that simple. There was too much for us to work through, especially when everything between us came on her terms.
"I wanted to protect you." Jade turned back to me, trailing a finger down my face. "I didn't want to scare you. I can do that all on my own."
I barked a short, humorless laugh as the lift doors opened. "You can at that."
"So is that what's going on?" She asked, pulling me into a deserted alcove off the lobby. "A misunderstanding?"
I wanted it to be that and nothing more, but the truth was there was a lot more going on. First of all, there was Leigh Anne. She still hadn't explained the whole situation, and then there was the proposition she'd put forth the last time we spoke. Jade wanted to dominate me. She wanted me to submit. I wasn't sure I was capable of that. I wasn't sure it was healthy.
I shook my head, tears welling in the corners of my eyes. "I wish it was."
"You're scared of me." She spoke this like a realization not a question and dropped her hold on me in resignation. "Don't be afraid my love but I tried to warn you."
"Maybe I don't understand," I said softly. I couldn't deny that I hadn't stopped thinking about her, and I couldn't deny how I felt now that she was here. Somewhere my rational side was shaking her head, but where had my rational side gotten me romantically? My body knew what it wanted, but could I trust it? Maybe it was time to listen to my heart.
Jade's hand gripped my hip tightly, kneading into the flesh through my jeans, as though she was considering tearing my jeans off. I trembled at the touch, hungry for contact from her after so long. How could I deny how she made me feel? But I needed to think. I needed to know what I was getting into. There was no way I could choose whether or not Jade had a place in my life until I did.
"When I told you that I was protecting you from the reporters, how did you feel?" She asked.
I was taken aback by the change in conversation, but I considered her question for a moment before answering. "I guess that—" I paused, breathing in deeply before I answered "—I felt safe."
"Why?" The question was a challenge. Jade was trying to help me understand her own reasoning. But it was more than that though. I could see in her eyes that she needed me to understand.
"Because you care," I realised.
It was hard to explain to her that my parents often had been too caught up in business ventures to worry about how their lifestyle affected me. Instead, they knee-jerked, trying to control me. And then there was Zayn, which was a whole different mess. But there was also an element that I didn't fully understand. The thought of Jade protecting me publicly and privately didn't stress me, not yet, at least. Not when I really considered it. Instead, it flooded through me like sudden heat. The more I thought about it, the more the warmth spread until I felt secure and safe.
"I do care, Perrie." She leaned in so that our faces were at the same level and she stared into my eyes, unflinchingly. "I didn't want you to experience being trashed by the press."
"So it wasn't that you didn't want to be seen with me?" I asked.
"Have you looked in the mirror lately? I can only assume you haven't, so let me describe what you look like right now my love. You have the most beautiful ocean blue eyes with fluttering lashes and a button nose. That would be enough to make you pretty, but then you have these perfectly soft shaped lips that make me hard. Your hair is silky and soft, and no matter how much you try to control it, there's always some locks that escape to drift down her neck or blow across her face. I can't help imagining letting it all down, watching it fall over her shoulders as you come while riding me." Jade shifted, pressing me against the wall, so that I could feel her erection pushing into me. "You my love you drive me crazy, and I honestly don't care who knows it."
"But you don't do relationships, Jade," I said in soft voice.
"I don't do romance Perrie," she corrected, "but if you'll let me, I will do pleasure."
"What about Leigh Anne?"
"It's over between me and her."
"You promise?"
"I'm true to my word, Perrie." Darkness glinted in her eyes.
I shivered, remembering the last time I'd questioned her word. She'd threatened to spank me, one thing I knew that I couldn't allow. "But you want to dominate me."
I couldn't claim to be an aggressive person. At times, like so many people I knew, I took the passive route, preferring to avoid confrontations. But I could be assertive, too. The one thing I couldn't choose to be was submissive.
"I want to give you pleasure. When you found out I was protecting you, it made you feel safe. That's what I want to do," Jade explained as her lips cruised along my jawline, providing evidence that she meant what she said. "I want to show you that I can protect you while showing you the heights of pleasure you've never known."
I swallowed at the thought of Jade being in control of my body, at the thought of her hands exploring me and her voice commanding me. She'd proven she was an excellent lover, but could I really give myself to her? Could I trust her not to break me again?
"I don't know," I said, because I didn't. I couldn't count on being able to keep my head when it came to Jade, which meant that I couldn't count on not making a mistake.
Jade's head dropped to my shoulder in resignation, but when she lifted it to meet my timid gaze, the passionate fire that burned moments earlier still blazed. "You win."
"I do?" I didn't quite understand.
"We'll do it your way, Perrie. I want you. I want you any way I can have you."
She was relenting or was this a compromise? I couldn't fathom what she was offering me. "You agree that I'm not your submissive?"
"I agree not to push you, Perrie unless you ask me to..." Her voice trailed away, leaving something left unsaid. But if she wasn't going to push me on this, I couldn't push her either.
My pulse raced at her confession even as the shock of it wore off. And while my heart thrilled, desire for her pooled in my belly. How long did I have to wait until I could have her again?
"Soon, love," Jade promised, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and kissing the hollow of my neck. "What are your plans this evening?"
If I was being honest, my plans tonight had involved a good amount of vodka and renting a movie. Now it appeared I was going to be given another option. A familiar voice told me to play hard to get, but I ignored her. I was a starving woman in Jade's presence. Only with her here could I see how much I'd missed her.
"I'm flexible," I answered.
Jade's mouth curved into a smile. "There's a thing this evening. Would you go with me?"
"What kind of thing?" I asked, instantly suspicious.
"A ball." She held a finger to my lips.
"And before you say no, it is for an excellent cause. We're raising money for endangered animals. And furthermore, I don't want to go either."
I hesitated. This was more than a date. This was stepping out in the limelight in a very real way. There'd be no denying our relationship after it. Jade had to know that.
"There's no going back after something like this," Jade said, voicing my thoughts out loud. "If you want a chance at normalcy, at privacy you should say no. But if you want a relationship, it seems as good a place as any to start."
"What about you? Do you want normal?"
"I don't even know what those words mean. I never have." There were ghosts echoing in her eyes, and I stroked her cheek as if I could chase them away.
I wasn't sure what to say, torn between my desire to claim Jade as mine, but knowing that doing so meant opening myself up to judgment. Not only as the woman I was today, but also my past. How long would it take before every secret I ever had was splashed on the cover of a tabloid? How long before the paparazzi lost interest in me?
"I can protect you from this. We can meet privately if you prefer," she offered. "If you don't want to come tonight, I understand, but please understand me when I say—" Jade's eyes gleamed as she spoke "—you will come tonight in other ways."
My lips twitched. "Is that so?"
Jade's hands slid from my hips to my waist as she leaned in, kissing me hard on the mouth. Our tongues tangled together, dancing around each other like I was dancing around this question. It was an unfair means of persuasion.
"But they know about us," I reminded her, breaking away. "They have the texts."
"By Monday morning, The police will know who hacked my account, and they'll be in jail."
"And that will be another huge story. The kind that links back to this one," I pointed out. "An arrest won't erase that."
"No, but it will send a message," she said firmly.
"And don't worry, I've devised other ways of contacting you."
"Carrier birds? Smoke signals?"
She smirked. God, I wanted to kiss that cocky grin. "That can be arranged."
My body hummed in response, charmed by her smile, by her laugh. Jade turned me on when she was serious, when she was demanding, but she thrilled me to the bone when she was light-hearted, and I realised I would give anything to see her that way as often as possible. I knew that meant I couldn't walk away from her, even if I tried.
"I can't keep pretending you mean nothing to me. I don't like the hiding or the secrecy, but I still want my privacy. Is that something we can make work?"
But even as I asked, I knew it wasn't possible. Jade had lived her whole life under scrutiny. Why would it be any different for me?
"Of course." To her credit, she said it sincerely. But maybe that's how one got by in a world like this, by believing things could be changed for the better. Maybe it's how I would survive.
"I'll go," I said at last. As soon as it was out of my mouth, I realised there were other implications to saying yes to Jade. Namely, I was going to a ball tonight. With nothing to wear. With no clue how to act. With the sexiest, most sought after women in the world on my arm. But Jade's lips kissed me until I forgot about all the whos and whats, only remembering the why.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Liked promised here is your update for the day, I hope you's liked it :) sorry for any mistakes I had like only a couple hours of sleep and it was difficult to make sure there is no mistakes.

How do you guys think the ball that Jade is taking Perrie to is going to go? Do you think everything will go smoothly or not?

And also thank you for over 8K reads that's incredible!

See you's next update