Chapter 21

(Not Edited)

~ Perrie's Pov ~

"Please cancel the hunt Jade," I begged.
"I'll only be gone for two or three hours," she said, running a hand down my bare arm reassuringly.
"That's long enough for them to eat me alive," I pointed out. I tugged at the hem of my skirt.
"I'm told they're serving sandwiches," she said, "but I'll remind them that they have to answer to me if anyone upsets you."
I nodded, not reminding her that I could take care of myself. She probably just wouldn't like the consequences.
"You've got that wicked gleam in your eyes, Perrie," Jade said softly. "What are you thinking?"
"Nothing." I stroked a hand down her chest, leaning in for a kiss. But she pulled back.
"Something tells me that you're going to be fine." She sighed and took my hand, pulling me toward the dining room. "Try not to be charged with treason."
I wasn't making any promises.
The Queen and the men going on the hunt had gathered, and as soon as they saw Jade, the teasing began. Jonathan clamped a hand on his friend's shoulder and shook his head. "You're going to let that fox get away, Jade." Jonathan's gaze swiveled to me and he grinned. "Although it doesn't look like you're hurting for tail."
I shot him a thin-lipped smile.
Leigh Anne entered the dining room. Her hair was up in a demure bun, and while her electric yellow dress hugged her figure, it still fell just below her knees. Her gaze slid up and down me. She didn't bother to hide her smug dismissal of me as the Queen Mother appeared behind her in a loosely fitted, linen pantsuit. Her appearance distracted Leigh Anne, who began to immediately kiss ass.
I stifled a gag over the obvious and false flattery. Did Leigh Anne really think she could get to Jade through her grandmother? That just proved that she didn't know her at all.
Jade caught me around the waist, pressing a kiss behind my ear that sent a ripple of excitement tingling through me. "I will see you soon, love."
And then she was gone. Pushing my shoulders back and my chin up, I took a seat at the table. Luke appeared in the doorway, and his grandmother balked at him. "Aren't you joining the hunt?"
"Hunting doesn't appeal to me," he said, stepping into the dining room. "I was on my way down for coffee."
I knew I liked him.
"Join us," she said, patting the table next to her. "We'll have tea."
"I would love to, but unfortunately I need coffee. I'll see you for dinner though." He pecked her dutifully on the cheek and ducked back out before he could be entreated again.
Jade's grandmother turned toward me, a tight smile on her face. "I'm afraid that this brunch might not suit your tastes."
"I'm not picky." I dropped my napkin, smoothing it over my lap.
"We don't eat a lot of... Poor food," she said with an edge of apology, although there was an edge of something cutting under it. "I wasn't certain what they served for brunch."
I bit back the retort that tried to tumble from my lips. "English breakfast will be fine."
She waved that off. "Too many sausages. I've ordered something much lighter. I hope you don't mind the absence of meat."
"I'm sure Perrie will have plenty of meat later," Leigh Anne said in a sweet voice as I choked on the sip of water I'd just taken.
I cocked an eyebrow at her. Who was being immature now?
Thankfully, the staff appeared before the claws came out, placing platters of finger sandwiches and egg tarts before us. Everything smelled wonderful, buttery and rich and my mouth watered impatiently. As Jesy had drilled me, I waited for my host to choose her food first. I didn't feel the same etiquette applied to Leigh Anne.
"Don't wait for me," Jade's grandmother admonished. "You girls look like you're wasting away."
I bit my lip to keep any hateful words from spilling out.
"You know that I have to watch my figure," Leigh Anne said. "But you're right to be concerned over dear Perrie. We must be certain she's eating."
My eyes narrowed. "That's really none of your business."
"They printed it in every newspaper. It's everyone's business." It was Jade's grandmother who spoke, her dark gaze regarding me like a hawk. "If you're going to keep company with my granddaughter, I'd advise you to remember that you have no secrets, young lady. Every mistake you have ever made is news. Just as every decision you make from this moment on will be." A grim smile curved onto her lips, as if to say welcome to the family.
"You'd do well to share that bit with your friends as well," Leigh Anne added, but her haughty smile suggested that I was too late for that.
Who had she been talking to? I pushed aside my curiosity, realising that it didn't matter. Right now my survival depended on getting through this brunch.
They wanted me to retreat. They expected me to as they circled around me, squawking and flapping their wings, which meant it was the last thing I would do. "I'll be sure to pass along your advice."
"Be careful," Jade's grandmother continued, smothering a scone with Devonshire cream. "You never really know who your friends are."
I sipped my tea deliberately, peering at them over the cup's rim. "I imagine that you don't."
--------------------
After a delightful brunch, I retired to my room under the pretense of reading, but I couldn't concentrate. The morning meal of double entendre and backhanded compliments had exhausted me, and I wished once more that I were back at my flat, having a low-key weekend with Jade. But I recovered when there was a knock at the door and bounded toward it.
I forced a smile when I opened it and discovered Lauren. "Good afternoon."
"They're on their way back, Perrie. Jade sent me ahead to ask you to welcome them". I followed her outside as the hunting party arrived. Jade steered her horse toward me, a riding crop clutched in her hand.
I raised my eyebrow, nodding at the instrument.
"Mother insisted. Of course, if you know what you're doing, you don't need one," she said with a shrug.
"I could have used one this morning," I admitted and Jade's lips twitched.
"I suppose it would have its uses," she said in the slow, sexy voice I loved. Jade held out a hand, and I looked up at her in surprise. "Come."
"I'm wearing a skirt," I said as the breeze caught its hem, whipping it slightly too high so that my bare thighs were revealed.
As ready as I was to run away with her, I wasn't exactly prepared for riding a horse, and everyone was bound to talk about us while we were absent from the house.
"Believe me, I noticed." Jade swung a leg over the saddle and jumped down.
"I need to get you away from these bloody people. I want you all to myself."
"Where are you taking me?" I asked, dropping my hand in hers. Skirt or not, I would go anywhere she led me.
Her voice lowered, since more than a few curious eyes were now watching us. "You're asking the wrong question."
"I am?" I blinked my eyes at her in mock innocence.
A growl rumbled in her throat as she took in my act, and I could see the wheels turning behind her eyes. "You should be asking what I'm going to do to you."
My mouth went dry, and I waited for her to continue, too caught up in the heavy sexual tension crackling between us to find my voice. I craved the reassurance of her touch.
"Ever heard of the term saddle sore?" Jade asked with a wicked grin that made my pulse rev in expectation. "If I don't ride off with you right now in front of all these people, tonight they're going to wonder why you're walking so strangely."
Oh my...yes, please. "So the ride is an alibi?"
"It's all part of what I plan to do to you." Her arms wrapped around my waist, and she drew me roughly to her. I stumbled into her arms, my head swimming with the heady cocktail her presence always created. When she brushed her lips over mine in what was for her a fairly demure show of affection, all the reasons that this was a horrible idea vanished. A moment later, she hoisted me onto the saddle. It was large enough to allow me to ride sidesaddle, but then I remembered what she said about keeping up appearances, and I shifted my leg so that I was sitting normally, my feet dangling above the stirrups. I pushed my skirt safely under my rear so as not to show off my bum to half the Royal Family but also to avoid chafing against the leather. Jade handed me her riding crop but passed off the rifle she'd carried during the hunt to a nearby gamekeeper. Jade mounted the horse, taking the reins with one hand as the other held me firmly against her. I settled into the embrace, relishing her warmth and the hardness of her body against me, although even as I relaxed, a steady thrumming built inside me at her nearness.
"Jade!" The Queen strode toward us, her mouth set in a grim line. "We have guests."
"Perrie is my guest," Jade said in a disinterested tone. "I'm taking her to see the grounds. We'll be back for dinner."
Jade's mother cold gaze flickered over me, no doubt noting my inappropriate riding attire. Jade might be able to fool the other guests as to her intentions, but it was obvious her mother saw through to her daughter's true motives. "I expect you to be properly dressed at the table."
She turned on her heel and left without another word, but behind me, Jade tensed after the minor altercation.
"C'mon," Jade said, and without asking for the riding crop back, we began to move at a steady clip. I clutched the crop in my hands as we moved into a canter, and my body rocked against her's, the saddle bruising into my thighs as we rode faster across the estate. When we were out of sight of the main house, Jadr slowed the horse until we came to a halt in a stretch of flat land. Miles of unbroken countryside lay before us. Grassy hills, hay bales and weathered trees stretched across the gray, spring sky. The air was fresh, warm but pure, and I breathed in deeply, filling my lungs. But I was too dialed up to calm down.
"Beautiful," I murmured as Jade's arms encircled me.
"Yes," she said in a husky voice. I could hear the desire in it and my core clenched, remembering her earlier words.
"You have me all alone," I reminded her. "What are you going to do to me?"
Jade chuckled at this as her lips skimmed down the back of my neck. "Not yet, love."
I was already primed for her, my lust a combination of arousal and distress. Jade's arms tightened around me as if she sensed my anxiety. Being with her allowed me to forget that I didn't fit into her world.
"You're unhappy," she guessed.
I hesitated before finally nodding. "I don't belong here."
"Oh Perrie." Jade let out a long sigh. "Neither do I."
"I just feel like your family is going to do everything possible to keep us apart." I said not noticing I let a few tears fall down my face.

"Perrie my love, nothing not even my family will keep me away from you. You're mine, You're my Pez." Jade said while wiping away my fallen tears and I heard the truth in her words. She was as lost at sea as I was.

We were both drowning.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys

Sorry for the wait for this update I just had a long and bad week last week.

But anyway one positive thing will happen this week I'm seeing Little mix on Friday night and I can not contain my excitement like seriously, I hope you's like this chapter and thank you for reading.

See you next update