Chapter 19

(Not Edited)

~ Perrie's Pov ~

"You're quiet," Jade said, and I realised we'd reached the restaurant without saying a word.
"Actually, I'm tired." I wasn't exactly lying. My body hadn't adjusted to waking up early for work yet or to my newly implemented nocturnal activities.
"I feel like I should apologise for keeping you up half the night," she said, drawing me close and kissing the top of my head, "but I'm not sorry."
Jade's arrogant smirk tugged at me until I was smiling too. "And I won't be getting any sleep tonight either."
"Hot date?" She asked.
"The hottest."
"Anyone I know?" Jade's hand wandered to my tailbone, her fingers drumming lightly.
"I would say you're on intimate terms." I ran my tongue over my lips and blew her a kiss.
"You need to rest." She was sincere, but I suspected her valiant selflessness wouldn't last long, until she added, "I'm sending you home alone tonight."
A vise-grip squeezed my heart, and I fought to keep my tone playful. "But I owe you sexual favors."
"And what did I do to deserve that, love?" She asked as the familiar, wicked glint of lust returned to her gaze. "Tell me so I can do it again."
"You might not be saying that after dinner." I reached for the door, but Jade caught my hand, pulling me against her.
Her index finger traced down my cheekbone, over the bow of my upper lip and came to rest on my mouth.
"Have a little faith. I can be quite charming when the situation requires it. I am a princess after all."
"Princess Charming, huh?" I raised my eyebrows. "I don't remember princesses in fairytales having a dirty mouth and an insatiable sex drive."
"Well they kissed the wrong person," Jade whispered, moving closer until her lips hovered over mine.
"Or maybe 'happily ever after' is only code for multiple orgasms."
"The books have nothing on you." I teased, but I swallowed at the thought of Jade and a happily ever after.
Jade spotted the telltale slide of my throat and winked at me. "Wait until I tell you my theories about riding off into the sunset."
"Behave." I smacked her on the shoulder, trying and failing to look serious.
"I love it when you get riled up. It makes me think of spanking your pretty, little ass." Her eyes hooded as she spoke, and a shiver of anticipation ran down my neck.
"Well, well, well," an amused voice interrupted our banter. "Can I get in before Jade mounts you on the spot?"
I looked over Jade's shoulder, startled to find Caitlin watching us with an entertained grin. She shouldered her bag and sauntered over to us, thrusting her hand out to Jade.
She hesitated before she took it, glancing over at me with a questioning look.
"Jade, this is my sister, Caitlin." I tilted my head toward her with a tight-lipped smile. "Caitlin, allow me to introduce—"
"Oh, I don't think that's necessary," she said as she held Jade's hand. "It's lovely to meet you. Perrie has told me absolutely nothing about you."
Jade tipped her head politely but drew her hand back quickly. The crackling intensity that had hung between the two of us shifted to a heavy tension now that my sister had joined us. I couldn't be sure how much of our exchange she had overhead, but judging from the haughtiness on her face, it had been enough. The last thing I needed was Caitlin making tonight any more awkward.
I struggled for something to say to break the ice, but it was no use. The nerves that Jade had managed to vanquish returned with paralyzing intensity. Just as the moment grew painfully uncomfortable, she stepped forward and opened the door, gesturing for us to enter.
"Ladies first." She flourished her arm across the threshold, and I bounded inside, grateful for her diplomacy.
"Ohh. A gentlewomen," Caitlin cooed, following me through the door. She eyed Jade as she passed, not bothering to hide her calculating look. As always, she was the cool one, self-possessed and in platform sandals that made her nearly her height.
"She seems like a...handful," Jade whispered as we were guided to the second floor's private dining room.
"Mmhmm." That was the nicest possible way to describe my sister. Caitlin was a force to be reckoned with most days. I could only hope today wasn't one of them.
But luck hadn't really been on my side lately.
---------------------