You're Here With Me

"As I'm sure, we can all relate to, friendship is a pure, wondrous thing. It's our cushion in life. A sanctuary. A safe house where every pony can be themselves around their closest family. But, when I say friendship is a powerful thing, I truly mean this-as friendship can come from the most strangest of places. We see ponies of all kinds bonding-unicorns with the earth ponies, young colts with the young fillies, griffons with the pegasi. And this is what, you could say, makes Equestria so special. It is a land where all ponies are free to convulse in the magic of friendship. Here in our peaceful country, we welcome all sorts of creatures, despite what differences may be seen between them and others. It's hard to imagine Equestria, a land so full of hope and magic, fueling off of this magical element, thrive without the means of true friendship. I know many of you come from different cultures and separate backgrounds, but I hope...but I hope..."

Twilight paused for a moment. She thought for a  moment, then smiled awkwardly as she took out a stack of note cards she had hidden from the audience's view. She peeked for a moment, then placed them back into their hiding spot. 

"...but I hope, that with the encouragement of our nation's residents, and the influence our fair land may have upon you, you will come to know and love Equestria, just as I have over the years. I couldn't have imagined 2 short years ago, when Princess Celestia sent me off to Ponyville to continue my studies, that I would have the pleasure of standing and speaking in front of all of you-The Council of Peace and Harmony-the very structure that makes this world. So, it is with the greatest honor, I welcome you to Equestria! I hope your visits are those full of excitement, prosperity, and, most importantly, friendship!" 

Twilight stood there, soaking in the essence of what she had just done. This speech was very important, and she most definitely gave herself all the pride in the world. Holding her head high, she signaled her on-looking audience to award her with their cheers. However, all that was heard was a small, almost mute, "Yay!". 

Twilight looked up from her moment of glory, with a disappointed look on her face. Another, more forceful but still as silent as the coo of a dove. "Yay!" 

Twilight shook he head and raised an eyebrow. A large intake of air, then, almost at medium volume came a last, "Yay!" 

Twilight chuckled to herself as she dismounted from the open stage. Reminding herself of who she was addressing brought her back to the reality that a "yay" from Fluttershy went a long way, and as dishearted as it may seem sometimes, it was meant with all the enthusiasm of any crowd impressed with her impeccable speech. 

"Thanks, Fluttershy," She said as she approached the mare in the front row of the auditorium. Her voice had echoed during the whole speech, and she felt the waves still circulating though the room, given that they were the only two present. She started to lead her friend outside to talk where their voices weren't going to echo back. "You think I should improve on that middle portion? I thought I sounded pretty weak there..."

"I thought you were..." Fluttershy started.

"And the bit with the flashcards-I'm definitely going to have to work on that. I should know this speech top to bottom..."

"I think it was..." She tried again.

"Maybe, I should emphasize on more of those words, too. Was it too plain? Did I put enough emotion into it?"

"No, Twilight, I think..."

"Or maybe I put too much emotion! Oh no, what if they think I'm this little dramatic actor? What if they think I'm a fake?"

"I doubt tha..."

"Oooohhh, what if I fail in front of all of them? What if I mess up and they don't like me...and then they tell Celestia! Oh, no! She'll stop my teachings! She wont be my teacher anymore...and I won't be her student..."